Hi

Options
Hello, I'm Dan, and I eat, a lot. I love food. I'm using this to track my carbohydrates as I just started following low-carb (not no carb) and actually tracking carbs. I'm a pretty ok shape guy, and I've been technically been eating a high fat low carb diet for my entire life. Never grew up liking sugary snacks, beef jerky or just meat was what I wanted. Now that I'm 3 years away from thirty I'm trying to prepare my metabolism and prep for insulin resistance. Coffee is my gateway drug, I love it, and it has a budding relationship with pastries. I also liked soda's too much as a kid. Thank my wonderful wife for teaching me the love of unsweet tea, or drinks in general. So I eat pretty healthy now, but since using this I found I still push it with the carbs just barely to make good maintanence. I noticed I do ok in a 100-150 range, going to try and drop a few pounds and start working out again with Squates, deadlifts, rows, presses, and pulls as I'm starting to accumulate a tiny amount of body fat. I guess you could say I'm working for prevention not intervention.

Replies

• Amazonbella
    Options
    Welcome! This is a great place to find support, encouragement and advice along the way. And I agree, those pasteries are addictive! Now I just NEVER go down the bakery aisle, because I look odd cursing at the pasteries for looking so dang good... makes other shoppers nervous! LOL
  • BrotherBill913
    BrotherBill913 Posts: 661 Member
    Options
    Darn pastry isles, lol.. Yeah I have done pretty well at cutting out donuts myself, that and chips lol.... I eat a lot of apples now instead. And it's working. every time I want a donut I just eat a apple instead.... funnnnnnn lol..