3 ingredient "cookie" with 20 grams of protien

Options
lambjoo
lambjoo Posts: 60 Member
I was trying a new take on the 2 ingredient cookie by using steel cut oats and just added the protein powder on a whim and ended up with a chewy but tasty cookie.

I used one old banana, 1/4 cup of steel cut oats, and 1/2 scoop of cookies and cream protein powder (taste more like cake batter)

I spooned these out on parchment paper in circles about the size of a Mason jar lid...just kept swirling the spoon around on top to make it flat and cooked them at 375 for about 18 minutes and may go a little longer next time to see if they are less chewy. What I got was 5 "cookies" that taste like banana nut bread with a 20g of protien. I did have to take a spatula to get them off of the parchment paper but in all an easy clean up.

Generic - Banana, 112.5 g 100 26 1 1 1 3
Bob's Red Mill - Organic Whole Grain Steel Cut Oats, 1/4 cup (44 g) dry 170 29 3 7 0 5
Dymatize Nutrition - Iso 100 - Hydrolyzed Whey Protein Isolate - Cookies & Cream 5lb, 0.5 Scoop 50 1 0 12 40 0

This worked perfect for me because I cooked them up last night and put them in a zip lock bag and have been snacking on them all morning at my desk for breakfast since I never have time to sit down and eat at home....it also helped me pass on the pastries that were being passed around this morning:laugh:

I think I will try another batch with chocolate protein powder and pb2 this week end!

Replies