Drinking Water instead of Sweet Drinks

Options
I never knew how beneficial drinking water instead of drinks could be until i decided to cut back on my sugar intake. I cut a lot of calories by simply not consuming any sugary drinks and I think it is what has really helped with my weight loss.
I drink unsweetened tea in the morning and drink about 10 glasses of water a day instead of drinks, sodas or juices. I still go over my sugar goal because of the amount of sugar that is in just the items I eat.
I strongly believe cutting back on sugar and starch really helps with weight loss.

Replies

• Greenrun99
    Greenrun99 Posts: 2,065 Member
    Options
    I have known alot of bigger people that simply gave up drinking regular soda and have lost 20-40lbs rather quickly.. just think if you drink 10 soda's a day, and you cut that out, you are cutting 1000 calories from your day
  • picimadar
    picimadar Posts: 68 Member
    Options
    It's usually the first thing I recommend to my friends. Cream and sugar in coffee, large 'servings' of fruit juice and others are all pretty nasty sneaks when it comes to calories as well. I really don't see any point in drinking your calories; you get far more full off eating an apple than drinking 1/2 glass of apple juice!

The sweetest thing I can handle drinking now is water with a bit of lemon (I usually put 1tbsp into a 24oz bottle) and tea with a little honey or truvia!
  • mercymarque
    Options
    Drinking water is the key. I don't drink anything else and can really appreciate seeing others doing it. I rather eat my calories. Great job.
  • AmberJo1984
    AmberJo1984 Posts: 1,067 Member
    Options
    Not only does sugar drinks / carbonated drinks add sugar and calories... they can also hurt your teeth and your kidneys. Other than a cup or 2 of milk a day -- and the occaisional sugar-free lemonade or green tea -- I try to stick with simply a 10 to 16 cups of water a day. It does wonders. :)