How can we push ourselves???

Options
2»

Replies

• 1lexisva
    1lexisva Posts: 978 Member
    Options
    After work I just want to go home and lay down.....I tried setting a time and sticking to it but sometimes I just don't want to get up....I have been trying and walking in place and even went to a park on some nice days to walk around the lake....What can I do to motivate myself and keep pushing myself to exercise and get up?

Buy an outfit that you LOVE, spend a little extra money on it, but buy it at your goal size, and let that motavate you!

I might just try that Thanks :)
  • yoovie
    yoovie Posts: 17,121 Member
    Options
    After work I just want to go home and lay down.....I tried setting a time and sticking to it but sometimes I just don't want to get up....I have been trying and walking in place and even went to a park on some nice days to walk around the lake....What can I do to motivate myself and keep pushing myself to exercise and get up?

Congratulations. You just announced your priorities to the world.

Laying down and doing nothing is more important to you than changing your health, mindset and body.

Swap your priorities. We cant do it for you.

Kind of Harsh.....I am not looking for anyone to do it for me I am looking for ways to avoid not doing it at all...

You wanna know how to push yourself? Its by being honest with yourself and realizing that pushing isnt a sweet nice little hug. Its FIGHTING.

You wanna fight for what you want - youll get it.

You wanna lay down.

Then you get to lay down.

or get off the internet and prove you want this and youre not just saying you do cause its sounds cooler than "I want the results without doing the work'.

There are people on here who are just starting out that will hug and ta-ta you and say try this helpful little trick - and there are those of us who have come a long long way and we know that its not about hugs... Its about standing up and proving yourself, less talk - more action.
  • yoovie
    Options
    tumblr_m2ykhhAA0K1qke924o1_500.png
  • ICarla
    ICarla Posts: 200 Member
    Options
    I use you guys on MFP as motivation. Everyone around me takes my weight loss journey as a joke or "I'll believe it when I see it". But you guys really understand. And I "STALK" the before and after photos. They always get me amped up to do better.
  • ICarla
    ICarla Posts: 200 Member
    Options

Laying down and doing nothing is more important to you than changing your health, mindset and body.

Kind of Harsh.....I am not looking for anyone to do it for me I am looking for ways to avoid not doing it at all...

You wanna know how to push yourself? Its by being honest with yourself and realizing that pushing isnt a sweet nice little hug. Its FIGHTING.

You wanna lay down.

or get off the internet and prove you want this and youre not just saying you do cause its sounds cooler than "I want the results without doing the work'.

There are people on here who are just starting out that will hug and ta-ta you and say try this helpful little trick - and there are those of us who have come a long long way and we know that its not about hugs... Its about standing up and proving yourself, less talk - more action.

I love your message. But it did come off a bit harsh. lol. But you are stating the absolute truth. A truth that I actually needed to read myself. Thanks
  • Melo1966
    Melo1966 Posts: 881 Member
    Options
    Do not go directly home go to the gym. If you do not have one go for a walk before getting in your car that you parked blocks away after going up and down the stairs a few times.:happy:
  • yoovie
    Options
    I love your message. But it did come off a bit harsh. lol. But you are stating the absolute truth. A truth that I actually needed to read myself. Thanks

Its hard to know what kind of personality is on the other side of the monitor. All we can really take responsibility for is our own personality.

If my version is too harsh, i can only hope and pray that someone with a different personality says the same thing, so when the OP ignores me, they'll listen to someone else saying the same thing in a different tone.

If someone wants to ignore the truth because they dont like the font, then that is their reality.

The old testament didnt exactly deliver any news nicely either and thats God lmao
  • msamcoates
    msamcoates Posts: 261 Member
    Options
    The old testament didnt exactly deliver any news nicely either and thats God lmao
    [/quote]

You are certainly right about that and not too many people have read, listened, or followed his instructions ....shrugs. She will get it one day while staring in the mirror and hating the person she is looking at. It has always done the trick for me.
  • 1lexisva
    1lexisva Posts: 978 Member
    Options

You wanna lay down.

That is what I am doing...I never even thought about exercise until I joined..I am taking baby steps and that is better than just sitting and laying around like I used to...I don't need a hug I need someone to say GET UP and GET IT...FAT TO FIT..... :)
  • yoovie
    Options
    Get to it. Go! Today! now! Or stay fat!
  • toya316
    toya316 Posts: 137 Member
    Options
    I soooooo feel the same way.. I literaly have to drag myself into the gym:noway: :yawn: what helps me is as soon as I get home I change right into my clothes for gym. I won't allow my thoughts to interupt me. I get tunnel vision get dressed and straight to the gym. Once I get there I suddenly feel energized. Once I leave the gym, I feel very proud of myself and happy that I went.