Body Combat

Options
I joined this gym that offers classes called: BodyPump, BodyFlo, BodyJam, BodyStep, BodyAttack, BodyCombat, and BodyVive, Last night I tried BodyJam and had alot of fun! I have also tried Body Attack which is really hard! I was just wandering if anyone has ever done BodyCombat and wondered if it was a pretty good workout.

Replies

• jdramage
    Options
    I believe you're talking about Goodlife Fitness, right? I'm guessing you're Canadian because I don't think they have them in the States :) Anyway, I definitely like those classes. BodyJam is my favorite because it's like a dance class. I've also done BodyStep although I felt uncoordinated trying to learn the steps, and BodyAttack was great too with a lot of high cardio and my legs were super sore for the next few days. My sister used to work there as a trainer and she still loves do those classes. BodyPump and BodyCombat are her favorites because they are such a great workout for sure; I'm just bracing myself to try them because I'm worried I'll be a wuss. Organized fitness like that is great for me because there's someone telling me what to do! Have fun.
  • candacepainter
    Options
    No, these are leslie Mills classes...I'm from Georgia but thanks for the info.
  • sazziecee
    Options
    I used to do it twice a week and I loved it.

I stopped going cos of the price of the classes at my local gym.

I have been trying to find a DVD with a similar work out to it ever since but not been able to find one that has any more than 15 mins of the "combat moves" on it.

I felt it gave a good workout, I had very toned arms and legs from all the punches and roundhouse kicks etc. I also found it a good stress reliever.

My instructor was a totally hyper woman and it really got us into it, when she was off and we had the quieter instructor I didn';t enjoy it half as much.

I am not very co-ordinated though and some of them I had to do the easy version of! haha. Also they are always changing the workout every 6-8 weeks or so, and I found I would just be getting comfortable with the moves and then they would change it up quite a lot and I would be lost again! I know a change is good for your body, just I don't like feeling confused :)

I have also tried Body Attack, that was far too fast for me, the moves change so quickly and I couldn't keep up!
  • rvkirk
    rvkirk Posts: 37
    Options
    I've done the classes you mean, they are very popular in gyms here. They all can give you a good work out, body combat uses lots of kicking and punching moves and can really work up a sweat. I do body attack and body pump once a week, body pump is great for toning. Generally the classes have several levels that you can work at, low impact, high impact etc.

Hope you have lots of fun :)
  • amboardman
    amboardman Posts: 144 Member
    Options
    Haven't ever done BodyCombat, but sounds like fun! I have done BodyStep and BodyPump and love love love them both!!!
  • sazziecee
    Options
    Oh forgot to add, I have heard a body combat class burns an average of 700 cals too, not bad :)
  • candacepainter
    Options
    Thanks for all the info..I'm definitely going to try it tonight!