Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life...

Replies

• NewMnky1
    NewMnky1 Posts: 264
    Don't underestimate the power of walking. When I started there was no way I would have even thought of going to a gym. I started by walking slowly, then started to get a little faster then started to challenge myself to do my walks in less time than it took before. I lost about 60lbs by just walking and watching my calories (I was on a low calorie doctor supervised program). It was only about two months ago that I bought an elliptical for home and started doing that, and just this week started to see a personal trainer.

One step at time, don't expect to start doing major workouts, just do what your body can handle and over time it will naturally increase.
  • can you give this midget some inside info on a Keto diet? I totally respect the fact you are now pulling up your boot straps and marching forward in a better direction, making that decision alone ...you definitley get kudos from me :bigsmile:
  • neon7girl
    neon7girl Posts: 230 Member
    Oh geez.. add me. Loved the reference, btw...fat, drunk and stupid...you are either an Animal House fan or an Artie fan...either way is a win-win.
  • PikaKnight
    PikaKnight Posts: 34,971 Member
    Adding you :) Anyone else that wants can add me as well :) Best of luck to us all :)
  • KANGOOJUMPS
    KANGOOJUMPS Posts: 6,474 Member
    YOU CAN DO IT!!!, I agree with the fat and stupid,,,, but always nice to have a good drunk.
  • =) Hi! Welcome to MFP!

Feel free to add me if you want.....There are a lot of great people on here & very supportive. I'm here if you need me.

You can do this!
    ^^ What she said.
  • faceoff4
    faceoff4 Posts: 1,599 Member
    You have a great attitude and I really hope you stick with it and stay motivated! You will reach all your goals if you do and good luck!
  • sunsnstatheart
    sunsnstatheart Posts: 2,544 Member
    Great post - Welcome to MFP! Just move man, every day, just move - and have fun with it.
  • msshiraz
    msshiraz Posts: 327 Member
    congrats! Feel free to add me, I started at 340, down 71 lbs so far.

If you are going to wait to start Monday, don't sabotage your weekend with "the final meals" of bad foods. The balance is to find a way that you can have pizza, or beer, or whatever, in moderation. And log you food every day- do this for your success! Its too easy to fall off the wagon if you don't log your food.

Water aerobics are a great way to go- or just swimming too. Congrats on this first step!
  • Flamencoflynnie
    Flamencoflynnie Posts: 61 Member
    Who are calling fat, lazy and stupid? That is a different person. You are the streamlining, motivated and smart guy. Whatever size we start at we all start at the same place emotionally and I am with you. I dont know where you are but I'm sending you lots if love and support. Please feel free to add me or pm at any time.

Hugs.
  • momskg
    momskg Posts: 10 Member
    Hey, Good luck with your new diet and fitness routine! I've been overweight my entire life so I feel ya. May I suggest walking? I started with a short stroll but I walk a little farther every day. Hang in there and don't get discouraged.
  • nancybuss
    nancybuss Posts: 1,461 Member
    Welcome. Congrats on making a decision and committing to it! We're here to help, one step at a time, one less bite at a time.

Drop as many liquid calories as you can first. they add up SO quick.

Good luck!
  • NewLIFEstyle4ME
    NewLIFEstyle4ME Posts: 4,440 Member
    You are so NOT alone...while everyone's story is different--the greater majority of us are here because of either being overweight, obese or morbidly obese. There are soooo many success stories here, so many which I know will help encourage and inspire you too!

One of my Mfp heroes is a guy named Ed Davenport...here's his blog:

[/b] My Journey back from 560 lbs.
    http://www.gettingfit4life.com/2012/11/15/ok-it-is-time-to-take-that-12th-step/

Here's his story he posted here on Mfp:

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/743173-311-lbs-lost-and-body-lift-on-the-24th-started-a-blog

Here's his latest post...

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/802439-i-did-my-first-t-v-interview-for-my-weight-loss

There are hundreds, if not thousands more people here on Mfp that were just like you and me and have successfully overcome and lost the weight forever. If they can do it...we can too. It's just going to take exactly what you have:

Courage (it is courageous of you to post this...I'm proud of you)
    Determination
    TIME

We didn't get overweight/obese overnight and we will not lose it quickly either--it's going to take time, determination and courage, just remember...slow and steady wins the race.

God Bless you and thanks so much for posting!
  • daisiemae123
    daisiemae123 Posts: 277 Member
    I'll admit it, I was drawn in by the Animal House quote. Good for you for deciding to make a change in your life. It is hard but soooo worth it in the end. Best of luck with your journey. This is a great place for support and suggestions.
  • marycmeadows
    marycmeadows Posts: 1,691 Member
    Why Monday? I know it can be hard, but never put off tomorrow what you can kick *kitten* at today!

this.
  • MyM0wM0w
    MyM0wM0w Posts: 2,008 Member
    When I first started all my exercise was from the pool. IT was awesome, low impact and great calorie burn.

You can do this!

Just set yourself up at a healthy calorie reduction here on MFP with slightly less carbs than MFP suggests as imo they allow to many (NO, I don't think they are evil, just that MFP allows to many), get plenty of protein and different colored vegetables and you'll be there in no time :)

Take your time and try not to get frustrated. Enjoy the journey of learning to eat well and learning how differently your body reacts to healthy wholesome food. You'll be amazed at the bodies ability to fix the damage we do to it for years on end.
  • wonderwomn27
    wonderwomn27 Posts: 40 Member
    IM HERE TO SUPPORT U!!!!:)
  • mariholm
    mariholm Posts: 50 Member
    Over here! :smile:

I'll second that! :)
  • AmberJo1984
    AmberJo1984 Posts: 1,067 Member
    Welcome to MFP. Feel free to add me if you want. I log in everyday for support, and I try to support my friends as well.

This is a hard journey... but, well worth it... and very possible with the right attitude and the support.
  • gddrdld
    gddrdld Posts: 464 Member
    For titling your post with one of the BEST movie lines in history....I applaud you. :) Feel free to add me.