How fast should I aim to lose?

Options
Hi all,

I am 5ft 4 and currently weight 8st 13 (125 pounds). I would like to get down to 119 pounds preferably. I have read the advice about BMR and TDEE etc. and my BMR is 1382. However, when I type in the figures for MFPs guided goals it says I should eat 1200 calories to lose a pound a week. Should I perhaps only be aiming for half a pound a week to ensure I dont eat under my BMR? I am a secondary school teacher too so am on my feet most of the day. Other than that I am not doing exercise at the moment as school is so busy! Just dont want to be under eating!

Thanks for any advice or help - it would be greatly appreciated

Replies

• Mokey41
    Mokey41 Posts: 5,769 Member
    Options
    A half pound a week is all you need with so little to lose. Bump up your exercise for some added burn rather than cut calories.
  • TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    Options
    A half pound a week is all you need with so little to lose. Bump up your exercise for some added burn rather than cut calories.

This
  • now_or_never12
    now_or_never12 Posts: 849 Member
    Options
    Set your activity settings to lightly active if you haven`t already and log any exercise you do. You should be aiming for 0.5lb per week as with so little to lose it`s not the best way to try and get it off quicker. The smaller you are the less of a deficit you should have.

One thing that would be good would be to concentrate on strength training. With so little to lose you may want to tone and lift weights which will change your body more than losing 6lbs will.