Super Bowl??

Steve1962
Steve1962 Posts: 9
edited September 20 in Health and Weight Loss
Well, it was bound to happen.

The wheels on the diet train came off the rail on Sunday. There was just too much good food and drink at a Super Bowl party I attended. I'm not going to beat myself up over it; I'm back onto the diet as of Monday morning.

Anybody else get derailed by a Super Bowl party?

Replies

• CasperO
    CasperO Posts: 2,913 Member
    Nope :drinker:

I ate, drank, and was merry. I knew it was coming, I didn't get too stupid, and it was fine. You gotta live, and come on - the Saints won the &%*# Super Bowl! If you can't party for that you're not on a diet, you're in prison!

Was up a pound the next day, it was fluid, gone this morning. Who cares...
  • FireMonkey
    FireMonkey Posts: 500 Member
    Super Bowl? Is that like the Stanley Cup? :wink:

Of course you need to party! Good for you for getting back on the wagon. :drinker:
  • greeneyes82
    greeneyes82 Posts: 315 Member
    :sick: Yes, I went way over on Super Bowl night! I ate so much greasy food that I felt sick the next morning! I'm back on the wagon now though!!!:wink:
  • As I said, it is good to over-indulge at some point, it reminds you how much better you feel when you eat right...and how bad you feel when you eat poorly!
  • bennettv
    bennettv Posts: 152 Member
    I totally planned for the superbowl. I made sure I had time for a long workout, but my cold took a turn for the worse and I napped instead. I did good on food leading up to...I ate a 300 calorie breakfast, 200 calorie lunch. Then I had beer, artichoke spinach dip, chili, cornbread, finger jello, caso sauce, chips....yeah, I delayed my normal Monday weigh in until Tuesday! It was one day and well, I love spinach artichoke dip! Overall the damage wasn't too bad. I still lost 1.2 lbs over the last week.
  • fitinyoga14
    fitinyoga14 Posts: 448 Member
    Yes, i was running on sugar the whole day. Cookies, chocolate, biscotti, and this warm, comforting cherry/pear dessert (heavenly). i couldn't resist the chips as well. my meals were pretty good, but the snacks and desserts broke me. well, i learned my lesson on eating that much sugar. i had a headache that night, which i blame on my eating. yesterday i was really mad at myself, but i realized that i can't change it so i just had to move on.
This discussion has been closed.