*big people*

HELLO EVERYONE!,
my name is emily i am 6 foot tall . big boned and very unique looking i think. compared to an average person . i know i'm a
beautiful person! THERES ONE PROBLEM! i weigh 420 . before people start judging me . i feel like my eating disorder is a diasese or a curse. it's almost like a addiction . when i was working out recently my goal was to do 30 minutes of aerobics . so i said ok i am determined to make it happen. because when i want to do something i will do it. but i realized how outta shape i am and my body is . the saddest thing of all is my mother is skinnier than me! i just wish i didn't let it get that bad. i don't have a boyfriend,friends, nothing a normal 19 year old has. i try to look at the bright side of things but sometimes i dont see a bright side. i am not looking for a pity party or people to feel sorry for me thats not the case anymore. as im speaking i am doing something about it . but the problem for me is i always obsess over it . if i dont see results on the scale i quit. i have no self control , no reality on what life is about. on top of that , i suffer from bi-polar , depression , ect. plenty of things. from MFP i hope to gain knowledge from this website . and to perservere! and never give up because i know what failure is . sometimes i think im failure . i am a caring loving person who deserves the best things in life like everyone else . i hope people leave me comments on here its so exciting to see people are interested in talking to me! THANK YOU SO MUCH FOR YOUR TIME! EMILY (:

Replies

• Fragilebird24
    Fragilebird24 Posts: 202 Member
    First off, I love your confidence! It's so important to love yourself. I deal with getting discouraged easily, also. If I didn't see the loss that I wanted or I didn't lose anything at all, then I would give up. But, every time I quit, I gained more and more weight. Now I'm at the point where when I step on the scale and don't see the results that I'd like, I just remind myself how important it is to me to lose the weight. I use this motto "Persist Until Something Happens (PUSH)" and I think of that every time I step on the scale. Believe me, I wish that the weight loss process with faster too. But I promise that if you stick with eating healthy and exercising, you'll be at your goal weight in no time! It's not always easy, but it's SO worth it. You can do this!
  • PamelaKuz
    PamelaKuz Posts: 191 Member
    I'm proud of you for working on this! My suggestion is just to start a new way of eating and exercising, then stop stressing about it. I'm like you, I over think everything too.. And have high standards for myself. So when I fail, i take it hard too. I try to remind myself how I got large, how I didn't really think about it and how WHAM all of a sudden i was fat, and like, WTH happened? I'm using the same system for getting smaller. I find when I just stick to the plan and forget about it, all of a sudden two months have gone by and I'm down 15 pounds. I feels like no time has passed, but my pants are falling off.. So I know something is happening. I'm trying to just keep doing what I'm doing, and hopefully it will be a year from now and I'll be amazed with how far I've come. When I imagine how good that will feel.. It's easier to stick with the plan. We can do this!!! Add me as a friend if you want!

Edit- you're gorgeous, btw!
  • PamelaKuz
    PamelaKuz Posts: 191 Member
    Bump for pretty Emily!
  • sam308lbs
    sam308lbs Posts: 1,936 Member
    I love your attitude Emily.And i used to feel the same about not being able to stick with it.i lost motivation over time and gave up after 1-2 months of going strong and that has changed remarkably after joining mfp.i have some awesome people in my Fl and there are a lot of days where i stay inside my calorie goal just to not appear like a failure in front of my mfp friends who are kicking butt!And when days get really hard to go by,i just go to the success stories forum and start reading them.You have no idea how much that helps me stay on track.