10 weeks on MFP and 51 pounds lost

Options
Back when I started a thread called

"7 weeks and 39 Lbs"

I took some heat from the haters that didnt know anything about me (but were quick to judge) Some said I was lying about my weight loss (who would do that and why?)

So now its been 10 weeks and today I'm down 51 pounds (lost 8 pounds this week. I always weigh on Thursdays). Today is my 70th day on MFP. Im pleased with the progress and yes I expect that it will get slower and harder to lose as time goes on. I am aware of that but so far so good.

Replies

• bloodysore
    bloodysore Posts: 77 Member
    Options
    Congrats that's awesome!
    Haters will always hate. :)
  • deb3129
    deb3129 Posts: 1,294 Member
    Options
    Congrats, that is fantastic progress! The one thing I have learned here, is that no matter what you do, it is going to upset someone!!
  • jbdowns35
    Options
    Awesome progress!! What have you been doing to get such great results?
  • florymonde
    florymonde Posts: 261 Member
    Options

"7 weeks and 39 Lbs"

I took some heat from the haters that didnt know anything about me (but were quick to judge) Some said I was lying about my weight loss (who would do that and why?)

So now its been 10 weeks and today I'm down 51 pounds (lost 8 pounds this week. I always weigh on Thursdays). Today is my 70th day on MFP. Im pleased with the progress and yes I expect that it will get slower and harder to lose as time goes on. I am aware of that but so far so good.

Well, I hate how fast some guys can lose weight! My husband's like that. Because it's so easy for him to lose weight, he puts it off, saying he'll do it later.

So, good for you for not procrastinating! Keep it up!
  • NikiDeaf
    NikiDeaf Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    yes, please share your secrets!!! Is it more time at the gym? Eating clean? What?
  • NRBreit
    NRBreit Posts: 319 Member
    Options
    Since you're averaging a loss of 5 lbs. per week, that means you are creating a caloric deficit of 17,500 calories per week. If your maintenance calories are 3,000 per day (21,000) per week that would only give you 500 calories per day to eat. Am I close? Or, are you exercising and burning thousands of calories per day?
  • schell81
    schell81 Posts: 187 Member
    Options
    awesome, I'd love to see some before and after pics!
  • starryk
    Options
    I say congrats to you... doesn't matter what any one else thinks or says - to thine own self be true!

But that being said... what is a typical day like for you - menu and exercise - wise?
  • Maidofmer
    Maidofmer Posts: 908 Member
    Options
    Wow! that's amazing. congratulations!
  • lisarenee_x0
    Options
    I don't know what's up with people, when I started out, I was losing about 5-6lbs. a week, just walking and watching what I ate. The reason why I lost so much is because I was heavier than most. If you have a hundred lbs. to lose, that first bit is going to fly off pretty fast.
  • NaeTrujillo
    Options
    Thats amazing! I hope it continues to melt off for you :)
  • thebowhunter
    Options
    Since you're averaging a loss of 5 lbs. per week, that means you are creating a caloric deficit of 17,500 calories per week. If your maintenance calories are 3,000 per day (21,000) per week that would only give you 500 calories per day to eat. Am I close? Or, are you exercising and burning thousands of calories per day?

No. Here is how Im doing it. (Im using the ELMM plan)

Week 1. eat 2500 calories a day and work out 3 days a week.
    Week 2. eat 2500 calories a day and work out 3 days a week.
    Week 3. eat 2000 calories a day and work out 3 days a week.
    Week 4. eat 2000 calories a day and work out 3 days a week.
    Week 5. eat 1500 calories a day and work out 3 days a week.
    Week 6. eat 1500 calories a day and work out 3 days a week.
    Week 7. eat 1500 calories a day and work out 3 days a week.
    Week 8. eat 1500 calories a day and work out 3 days a week.
    Week 9. eat 1500 calories a day and work out 3 days a week.
    Week 10. eat 1500 calories a day and work out 3 days a week.

Workouts are 1 hour to 1 hour and 15 minutes each and are treadmill or stationary bike. I shed between 600 and 900 calories at each workout. Im eating low fat, high protien, high fiber foods.
  • thebowhunter
    Options
    awesome, I'd love to see some before and after pics!

At some point I will post pics. I take a picture every 2 weeks.
  • carleemaeb
    Options
    Some people are haters, period. But I think the majority of us here on MFP are just simply curious. 51 pounds is a lot of weight to lose in 10 weeks - but is not impossible. Dedication and hard work is all it takes, if you have that - hell, you're good to go!! Congratulations to you - all the effort you're putting in is clearly paying off! I'm sure it's been said but if you don't mind me asking - how are you doing it?
  • carleemaeb
    Options
    Nevermind, I see the post. Congrats again!!!!!!!
  • thebowhunter
    Options
    Look two posts up above your post to see.
  • thebowhunter
    Options
    I don't know what's up with people, when I started out, I was losing about 5-6lbs. a week, just walking and watching what I ate. The reason why I lost so much is because I was heavier than most. If you have a hundred lbs. to lose, that first bit is going to fly off pretty fast.

Yes, that is my situation exactly.
  • chopzgurl05
    chopzgurl05 Posts: 84 Member
    Options
    That is awesome! Way to go! I say screw the haters. If you are getting healthy and feel good that is all that matters!
  • RyanJK85
    RyanJK85 Posts: 580 Member
    Options
    congrats! dont worry about the haters, just keep doing your thing
  • Poorgirls_Diet
    Poorgirls_Diet Posts: 528 Member
    Options

"7 weeks and 39 Lbs"

Do I mind if I ask what you are doing as we have more or less the same weight to lose give or take 30lbs higher on my side and I am struggling to lose 2lbs a week and I work out 1hr a day and burning around 600-950 calories a day depending on the exercise. Any chance of sharing your secrets? If not, fair play to you and don't worry about what anyone else thinks, you don't have to prove anything to anyone only yourself and if you are determined enough you will do anything to change your lifestyle regardless of what others (most are just jealous) thinks! Well done to you
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!