Anyone from Minneapolis want to encourage an Englishman?

Options
Hi

I'm coming to Minneapolis in April 2011 with my Rugby Union Team, the Old Laurentians RFC...we play Metropolis Rugby Club and generally have a great time with our hosts.

The problem is that I want to be fitter, healthier and better prepared for the matches than I was the last time we came in 2007, but could do with some help to stay focused

I could ask the lads from Metropolis or OL’s to encourage me, but that's not generally the way with Rugby players, it’s all very macho and quite a lot of mickey taking, so I'd probably end up being laughed out of town when I get there!

So is there anyone from the Minneapolis area who would like to chat, motivate and share our progress from time to time over the next 14 months or so?

I guess I’d like anyone who may threaten to come and watch us play...that would really focus the mind, but it’s not a deal breaker, anyone who thinks they might have some fun with an Englishman is more than welcome to say hi!

Replies

• Fabulocity
    Fabulocity Posts: 157 Member
    Options
    Sure! I am from Minneapolis and would love to encourage you!
  • sdirks
    sdirks Posts: 223 Member
    Options
    Live in New York currently, but moving to St. Paul with my fiance next year. Actually a huge football and rugby fan (yes, I mean real football, not American football, lol!), would love to stop by a few games!

Now you've got 2 ladies on your butt, Hughesy. Motivated yet? :drinker:
  • shaggys
    shaggys Posts: 140 Member
    Options
    Hughesy, i predict a thousand people from MFP will show up!LOLOLOL
    Your friends will think you are a celebrity in America:tongue:
  • Hughesy
    Options
    Hi Guys

Thanks for offering to gee me along...I'd better make sure I put the effort in now!

If it's okay with you I'll invite you to be my friends and that way I'll make sure I stay in touch...Shaggys already been kind enough to invite me to be hers, so it looks as though I've got the A Team on my side now.:happy:
  • sdirks
    sdirks Posts: 223 Member
    Options
    You want the A-Team? :laugh:

I work for a fashion magazine. I'll bring models. Then your mates will KNOW you're a celebrity!
  • Hughesy
    Options
    Models you say...mmmmmm...let me think about that.

On the plus side: - The lads will buy me beer all tour and I'll be considered an Icon of tour history! :drinker:

On the negative side: - mmmmmmm...nope, can't see that!:laugh: