Just in case you are wondering

Options
If you have problems with energy and seem tired or are starving all the time regardless of being pretty close to maintenance calories and all the things you've tried. Try doing a diet that is higher in fat. I have done the whole eat higher proteins or try to get in more carbs for energy, get more sleep, D3 vitamins blah blah blah. and the only thing that has worked for me here after 2 years of changes is getting 35%-50% of my calories from fat. GOOD fats of course. I've added in full fat coconut milk and started cooking with coconut oil and since doing this I have started to lose weight again and have lost nearly 3% BF in 2 months (this is a lot considering I've been stuck at a plateau for nearly 7 months). It is hard, mentally, to do this of course since our brains have been taught "Fat is Bad" but keep at it and see if it works for you, give it a good 4 weeks. Just wanted to share what worked for me. I was miserable being tired and energy drained constantly. And Good luck!!:happy:

Replies

• sarahg148
    sarahg148 Posts: 701 Member
    Options
    I believe you. The fats just stay with us longer and for me seem to keep me satisfied. Nice job on the loss. I've been sort of at a stand still for the last few months...personal issues. But things are looking up and looking forward to getting back on track. :smile:
  • _Bob_
    _Bob_ Posts: 1,487 Member
    Options
    Thanks for sharing, good fats are awesome.
  • newjourney2015
    newjourney2015 Posts: 216 Member
    Options
    Yes Yes!! I love love love coconut oil! I cook with it everyday. I use coconut milk in my coffee in the mornings. There are a host of good fats that our bodies actually need! Awesome!
  • bcattoes
    bcattoes Posts: 17,299 Member
    Options
    Doesn't sound hard to me. I find NOT eating high fat to be hard. I often think I should eat less fat, but it just tastes so darn awesome!

ETA: I've never used coconut oil. Does it taste like coconut?
  • cmriverside
    cmriverside Posts: 34,087 Member
    Options
    My macros have been set at 45%Fat/ 25%Protein/ 30%Carbs for over a year. I have to agree with you - I feel and look better. I am also at a healthy weight, and I was eating at the 40Carb/30Protein/30Fat. It just wasn't working for me, so I raised my fats, and lowered my carbs a little. . . now, I'm not saying I always stay at those numbers, but it is much better for me, and it is much easier to stay "full".

• ImKindOfABigDeal40
    ImKindOfABigDeal40 Posts: 807 Member
    Options
    I'm trying something similar right now but I haven't seen any results yet. I'm going to switch to coconut oil. Thanks for the suggestion.
  • _granola
    _granola Posts: 326
    Options
    I :heart: fat. Especially in the form of avocados and coconut.
  • yoovie
    yoovie Posts: 17,121 Member
    Options
    YESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS also iron O_O
  • NocturnalGirl
    Options
    Improved my health too :)
  • BlueInkDot
    BlueInkDot Posts: 702 Member
    Options
    That's awesome! I'm just curious what types of fats would be best. I'm hearing coconut oil and avocado... what else? I've heard that flax oil is good too? What other sources have you used?
  • fakeplastictree
    fakeplastictree Posts: 836 Member
    Options
    That's awesome! I'm just curious what types of fats would be best. I'm hearing coconut oil and avocado... what else? I've heard that flax oil is good too? What other sources have you used?

coconut milk (full fat), seeds, nuts, nut butters, salmon if you eat fish. Flax seeds are great for energy, at least in my experience.
  • BlueInkDot
    BlueInkDot Posts: 702 Member
    Options

coconut milk (full fat), seeds, nuts, nut butters, salmon if you eat fish. Flax seeds are great for energy, at least in my experience.

Cool! Thanks. ^_^
  • poedunk65
    poedunk65 Posts: 1,336 Member
    Options
    I find that if you eat a balanced, for lack of a better word, diet you should nothave ny issues.