New member!

Options
Hello All!

I just started an account yesterday with myfitnesspal and have already made so much progress. Yesterday I ate what I normally would in a given day and logged every last thing. To my horror I realized I ate 1000 calories over my daily limit (darn you Wendy's Baconator meal!) It was truly a wake up call. I don't want to eat like that because I don't want to log it and see it. I feel ashamed. I would love to make friends and find support so that I can stay on the wagon...for life!

Replies

• jenlhugg
    jenlhugg Posts: 141 Member
    Options
    I feel your pain! Didn't realize how much calories I was eating, especially on things I didn't even really WANT to eat. This website has made a world of difference. The trick is to be HONEST. Even if you have a bad day, log it in if you can, try not to be ashamed, just use it as motivation for the days to come. Welcome, and hope you make great progress!!
  • BassBoneBabe
    BassBoneBabe Posts: 226 Member
    Options
    Welcome and enjoy your new life! Amazing how looking at it on paper can really open your eyes. I hope you find what you need here for your journey. A lot of great stories, support, and people!
  • boniekatie
    Options
    I am also just starting and would love to share the journey.
  • shaggys
    shaggys Posts: 140 Member
    Options
    Good luck!
    I remember when I first joined,my husband had brought home a delicious slice of cheesecake, which I immediately devoured with relish!Right after finishing,I checked the Macaroni Grill website-and it was SIXTEEN HUNDRED calories alone :sad:
    This site has really helped me so much,especially after Baby!
    You will always have some one to share your struggles with!
    Happy logging!
    :flowerforyou:
  • melbhall
    melbhall Posts: 519
    Options
    Thanks everyone! I had NO idea how much I was eating. And I did eat a lot yesterday but didn't blow it until dinner. It was horrifying. To be honest, I logged it before I ate...and still ate the stupid thing. I felt guilty the whole time but I needed to. I once heard that nothing tastes as good as being healthy feels so I'm trying to keep that attitude. I'm off to a good start today and plan to log EVERYTHING. If I'm not honest with myself I will never succeed at losing this 40 lbs of weight that is dragging me down physically and emotionally. Thank you, thank you, thank you for all the support!