Hair Help Please

Options
2»

Replies

• snoopytwins
    snoopytwins Posts: 1,759 Member
    Options
    www.youtube.com/watch?v=0Rdfgu3zqY4

Headband curls. I do this on my 4 year old's hair.
  • Katbody10
    Katbody10 Posts: 369 Member
    Options
    Tonight -- wash and towel dry her hair .. you can create lovely and even waves by braiding her hair damp and leaving them that way until Sat. morning.

See if you can make a salon appt early on Sat before your picture session (don't know what time pictures are) .. and see if they can do a style then after you undo the braids :-)
  • slap1225
    slap1225 Posts: 487 Member
    Options
    I used to curl my cousins hair when they were about that age... my suggestion is to be sure to give yourself plenty of time to finish (half curl look is bad for pics) and partial buns tend to be alot less time consuming,(just pull out strands to curl) spirals are adorable on little girls ... the longer the hair the better for a spiral curl and when they start falling they still looks good! I mouse is better (doesnt get sticky) then finish with hair spray. And be sure to tell her how beautiful her hair looks all day long, the more compliments the longer the hair will last lol.
  • meeper123
    meeper123 Posts: 3,347 Member
    Options
    I have curly hair and I found the curl booster moose it is awesome just scrunch it through wet hair and let it air dry. It works best with hair that is shoulder length :)
  • lavieboheme1229
    lavieboheme1229 Posts: 448 Member
    Options
    I'm telling you. That hair is not going to curl. I've had hair like that my whole life. It's just going to fall in 2 hours and look a hot mess. It is what it is. Braids are your friend
  • plynn54
    plynn54 Posts: 912 Member
    Options
    i got a deep waver iron, by bed head, doesnt make curls, but a nice wave, might hold better
  • Im_NotPerfect
    Im_NotPerfect Posts: 2,181 Member
    Options
    I'm telling you. That hair is not going to curl. I've had hair like that my whole life. It's just going to fall in 2 hours and look a hot mess. It is what it is. Braids are your friend

Eh...I'm gonna give it about 30 minutes before falling out! LOL I do braids all the time and when I take them out, it takes about 10 minutes for the waves to disappear! But pictures are at 8:10 in the morning, so I'm hoping if I do it right before we leave, maybe it'll stay long enough for pictures. Then it can fall out! LOL She's wearing a headband too. I think I'm going to try the sock curls. Maybe I'll try that tonight to see how it works....
  • diddyk
    diddyk Posts: 269 Member
    Options
    Curlformers.

I have curly hair, which is usually a mess. When I want a polished "spent hours with a curling iron" look I use curlformers. With enough gel/mousse you could get them to hold well. (I don't need much because my hair holds the curl.)
  • _GingerSnap_
    _GingerSnap_ Posts: 339 Member
    Options
    I used to be a stylist, my advise:
    Start with day old hair. If it looks little greasy then grab some dry shampoo which will also give it some texture to hold a curl.
    I would say hot rollers, give a blast of non-aerosal hairspray, and let them cool completely before taking them out-even if she walks around for awhile with them in might be a good idea too.

Good luck!
  • Tannedtiffers
    Tannedtiffers Posts: 558 Member
    Options
    sock bun!!!
  • BritneysStuntDouble
    Options
    ...curl booster moose...
    Heh.
  • NocturnalGirl
    Options
    How do you plan on curling it? I personally use my GHD straightener. Do you want it loose or tight? For the curls to last longer, a day old is better as the oils in the hair will keep it in place longer. Hairspray also helps but it depends on whether you really want to use it on her hair.
  • Im_NotPerfect
    Im_NotPerfect Posts: 2,181 Member
    Options
    How do you plan on curling it? I personally use my GHD straightener. Do you want it loose or tight? For the curls to last longer, a day old is better as the oils in the hair will keep it in place longer. Hairspray also helps but it depends on whether you really want to use it on her hair.

I had planned on using my curling iron with about a 1" rod for long loose ringlets. Then hair spray them. But I'm definately no hairstylist and have never had hair this long MYSELF before, so my ideas/experience is limited. Her daily 'dos are pretty much either pig tails or french braids just to keep it out of her face (and food, and art projects at day care, etc...)
  • sillygoosie
    sillygoosie Posts: 1,109 Member
    Options
    Have her sleep in sponge rollers. I did it all the time as a kid and my daughter does too. We both have that baby fine hair that doesn't curl. It works like a dream! You can fix the crinkled ends in the morning with a curling iron.
  • RBXChas
    RBXChas Posts: 2,708 Member
    Options
    Heatless curling. It is so easy and turns out beautiful here is the link. My neice loves to have hers done she is 5 though. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BLeSKaPaUOA

This looks so cool! You could always touch it up with a curling iron if need be.