Low Blood Pressure & Insanity

Options
Hi Everyone,
I have a question for anyone who is going through the same thing or knows about blood pressure..
I have always had low blood pressure (usually 80/60) and I have always noticed that I get dizzy very easily (mostly when I stand up after sitting, etc). I'm finding it very hard to keep up with some of the jumping exercises on Insanity due to the dizziness and would like some advice on how to control this?
I constantly have to stop myself throughout the videos and put my head down to get rid of the spinning room and black out effect.
Do I need to up my water intake? Any suggestions?
Thank you all,
Meghan

Replies

• dn123
    dn123 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Hey Meghan,

I know exactly what you're talking about. I'm looking to drop 20 lbs and just started Jillian Michael's "30 Day Shred" four days ago and have been having similar issues with the dizziness and all. I was diagnosed with low blood pressure two years ago and clearly haven't straightened things out yet. But yes, I would definitely say try upping your water intake. I've been looking into other threads regarding low blood pressure and a lot of them say it's commonly due to dehydration. I know mine could use a lot of work too. Just try to pace yourself through out the videos and also avoiding low-sodium foods may help too. There are lots of threads on sodium & low blood pressure on MFP also. Keep up the good work!

In Health,

- Dianne
  • Mokey41
    Mokey41 Posts: 5,769 Member
    Options
    If you've always had low blood pressure there isn't much you can do about it. Mine has always been low but on the bright side as you age you may not need to worry about high blood pressure and my doctor (he may have been kidding) said my body would wear out much slower because of it.