My Stationary Bike Seat hurts my Bum!

Options
Any suggestions? I already got a 'gel' cover but doesn't do anything....

Pink

Replies

• BassBoneBabe
    BassBoneBabe Posts: 226 Member
    Options
    Can you change out your seat? Sometimes fitness stores have different seats you can try and then buy the one that feels the best. Happy hunting!
  • Gogo
    Gogo Posts: 9,942 Member
    Options
    put a pillow or folded towel on top!
  • crazyhorse99
    crazyhorse99 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    you can buy padded biking shorts that will help cushion you when riding, something like this:

http://bicyclewarehouse.com/product/talent-padded-unisex-bicycle-shorts-11025.htm
  • jmanning
    Options
    Get a new seat that is made for women with a slit down the middle. Sometimes they're a little pricey but they're worth it! I got mine from Terrybicyles.com- a bike company that makes woman's bikes and sells bike stuff for women.
  • LittleSpy
    LittleSpy Posts: 6,754 Member
    Options
    I couldn't find a solution, either but I eventually got used to mine. It's still not the most comfortable seat in the house, but it doesn't make me walk funny anymore when I get off of it. :laugh:
  • czar1978
    Options
    I hate to say it, but you're just going to have to toughen up. I recently started riding my bike (a Spinning bike) again. It took about a week for my *kitten* to quit hurting, but it finally did! :bigsmile:
  • mvl1014
    mvl1014 Posts: 531
    Options
    Get a new seat that is made for women with a slit down the middle....

The slit down the middle helps relieve pressure on the nerves between the butt and genitals. Many guys who use traditional seats long term (as in, for 20 miles a day for 5 days a week) have nerve/impotency problems so just FYI, they're unisex.
  • Shamar233
    Shamar233 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    I have been spinning for a long time and at first my bum hurt also. It will get better, but if you want
    they do have chamios that have padding and that will help protect!
    I have bought a few of those and they really help! GOOOD LUCK! :)
  • fitinyoga14
    fitinyoga14 Posts: 448 Member
    Options
    the more you use it, the less it will hurt you. you some how get used to it. my butt is always sore after i ride returning from a break period.
  • pinbotchick
    pinbotchick Posts: 3,904
    Options
    You can turn your bike into a recumbent type by raising the seat as high as possible and pulling a chair up to the back of the bike. I find this helps my older clients that don't have the balance to sit on the seat. Good luck.