What do you guys think?

Options
So I have been a memeber for a bit now havent lost any weight ( I dont work out really) Im not to motiviated, really Im just lazy and if I have the option to work out or stay on the couch, Ima stay on the couch.
But today I weighed my self I went from 165.3 to 171 in like 2 wks!!!

I have my wedding coming up in April so I NEED to lose it now!
I was thinking doing the 30DS video and maybe P90X once a day.
To eat, be on the veggie and slim fast diet and one good meal a day.

I would like to know what you all think?

~ all this working out stuff is kinda of a shock to me, I use to be the type where I would workout once or twice and the weight would come off, but after having 2 kids I have just gotten lazy now... Any help would be great, I would like to look like myself on my wedding day and on :)

Replies

• fridayjustleft04
    fridayjustleft04 Posts: 851 Member
    Options
    If you don't like to workout, you need to find something you enjoy or else you're less likely to stick with it. That's what I had to do..I dreaded working out everyday until I found Turbo Jam (and then TurboFire). I also did SlimFast for a few months and it really helped me learn about calories and portions. Best of luck!
  • spade117
    spade117 Posts: 2,466 Member
    Options
    Don't be lazy.
  • Cori_Mac
    Cori_Mac Posts: 134 Member
    Options
    I appreciate your honesty, first of all. I blamed work and stress and everything else for not exercising, but in the long run, I was not motivated at all.

I started with a simple aerobics video on the television. My first day I was miserable, I hated it, and I wanted to quit and go back to the couch. The second day, I woke up and did it again. The third day I tried another exercise video and went for a walk.

Now I feel weird if I don't exercise every day... I'm not talking hours at the gym, just 30 minutes to an hour, depending on my time for the day. And I've come to enjoy it (even though I often curse at the screen lol).

Start off slow. Find something you love to do, and give yourself time to learn to enjoy it. :)
  • SideSteel
    SideSteel Posts: 11,068 Member
    Options
    I'm not judging you when I say this so please don't take this comment maliciously:

It sounds to me like you don't care enough. When you do care enough, you'll stop being lazy.
  • jbdowns35
    Options
    Do you mean you would do 30DS & P90X both in one day? If you're not much into exercise, I wouldn't suggest trying to take on something that intense. 30DS once a day, 5 days a week should be enough, maybe throw in some walking, cario workouts a few times a week. My best advise to you is to come up with a realistic plan, something attainable & stick to it. Don't set yourself up for failure. I just finished reading Chris Powell's new book about Crab-Cycling, Choose to Loose. I haven't actually started the plan yet, but I am definately going to. Might be something you might consider checking out to get yourself the boost & motivation you need to get ready for your wedding. I got married this past May & was going thru exactly the same thing you are at this time last year. I was successful in reaching my goal before I went to jamaica to get married, but I've since gained back 10 pounds & need to get back on track!!! Having the wedding as a dealine definately helped me stay focused, espeically once I got thru the holidays!! Good luck!!!
  • Cranktastic
    Cranktastic Posts: 1,517 Member
    Options
    Eat right
    SMASH
    repeat.
  • Chief_Rocka
    Chief_Rocka Posts: 4,710 Member
    Options
    Sounds like you need some encouragement. Send a PM to drmerc, he always motivates me.
  • SideSteel
    SideSteel Posts: 11,068 Member
    Options
    Sounds like you need some encouragement. Send a PM to drmerc, he always motivates me.

I love this idea.
  • MoreBean13
    MoreBean13 Posts: 8,701 Member
    Options

I love this idea.

Me too. He is truly motivational.
  • Alex_is_Hawks
    Alex_is_Hawks Posts: 3,499 Member
    Options

I love this idea.

so do I actually....so do I.....

drmerc is SO motivational
  • lrose50
    lrose50 Posts: 58 Member
    Options
    I think to go from the couch to P90X is too agressive and you may set yourself up to fail. Try something less aggressive that will be easier to stick to.

I think you will notice a differnece even going for a brisk walk twice a day vs sitting on the couch and eating health (not a fan of the slimfast). Do sit ups, leg raises, lift waits while watching TV. Do squats and lunges on the commercials - it all adds up.

Good luck
  • Under_Construction13
    Options
    SIDESTEEL: Nah, im okay thanks :) I do care its just that I dont really have to lose it ( my husband keeps telling me I look good) so then I lie to my self and tell my self that Im okay.
  • Alex_is_Hawks
    Alex_is_Hawks Posts: 3,499 Member
    Options
    SIDESTEEL: Nah, im okay thanks :) I do care its just that I dont really have to lose it ( my husband keeps telling me I look good) so then I lie to my self and tell my self that Im okay.

you're contradicting yourself....

first you are saying it's not ok, then you are saying it is ok, then you say you are lying to yourself, ......

you need to take a step back and figure out what you really want, your *kitten* planted on the couch, or to look great on your wedding day (your words not mine as I'm sure you are lovely regardless)

it's up to you and no one can make you.

(that being said, I still stand by my original post that drmerc is very motivational)
  • spade117
    spade117 Posts: 2,466 Member
    Options

Don't lie to yourself.
  • auroranflash
    auroranflash Posts: 3,569 Member
    Options
    http://www.bodyrock.tv has a lot of awesome free videos you can try. You don't have to go to extremes with diet or exercise, just eat within your calorie goal ( http://www.fat2fitradio.com/tools/bmr/ this site may help you figure out what that is. You may have to manually adjust your MFP settings), prepare your own meals, be reasonable and honest with yourself, stay active, and challenge yourself regularly with fitness goals.

Set LOTS of fitness goals. Can't do a pushup? Do the girly ones until you can.

http://scoobysworkshop.com/zero-to-100-pushups-for-complete-beginners/ <~ This is an example of how setting small goals and steadily working toward them will bring you massive superhero success. But you have to dedicate yourself and fight for it.

http://www.nerdfitness.com has good articles, information, and motivation. Here is a beginner's bodyweight routine to get you started:

http://www.nerdfitness.com/blog/2009/12/09/beginner-body-weight-workout-burn-fat-build-muscle/

Just do everything you can to fit in activity, be honest with your food logging, and you should see positive results.

Best of luck and congrats on the wedding. :flowerforyou:
  • yo_andi
    yo_andi Posts: 2,178 Member
    Options
    Do you or don't you?

If the answer is "I do" then do it.

Done. Any further questions?
  • Nicolette_Karls
    Options
    My advice is whatever you decide to do, make sure you talk to your doctor first! To go from sitting around all the time and eating a fair amount of calories to a lot of exercise and a veggie/slimfast diet may not be the greatest idea. Ease into it and make it a lifestyle. You want to look just as great on your first anniversary as you did on your wedding day, right?!

In the end, do what works for you. It isn't always about not looking beautiful or not being thin; a lot of times it's about wanting to be healthier and happier in the long run.

Good luck!
  • CynthiaElise
    CynthiaElise Posts: 262 Member
    Options
    I'm not judging you when I say this so please don't take this comment maliciously:

It sounds to me like you don't care enough. When you do care enough, you'll stop being lazy.

Totally agree.
  • MissKitty9
    MissKitty9 Posts: 224 Member
    Options
    I think you should start small-- go for walks instead of sitting on the couch. Start at 10 minutes a day, then increase to 20, then 30, etc. You will probably drop the weight relatively quickly, since you're starting at basically zero.