So is it just me...

Options
Or do you find yourself enjoying food more? I may have to adjust what I am eating..but when I slow down and plan out healthy things to have...and stock the house with multiple choices...I find myself really enjoying my meal...

Often I realize I was much more satisfied than I ever would be with fast food....such a win..

I just had a lunch of brown rice, salsa, black beans and a little melted shredded cheddar...with a dollop of fat free sour cream on top

Yum..but I never would have slowed down to make it before....now those staples are easy grab items.....

Replies

• Gramps251
    Gramps251 Posts: 738 Member
    Options
    You're not alone.
  • kmorg22
    kmorg22 Posts: 180
    Options
    ME TOO
  • fattybumclaire
    fattybumclaire Posts: 91 Member
    Options
    That sounds yummy :)

I love to slow down and plan meals when I am not working but struggle on working days. I have been making loads of soups and veggie curries recently so that I can take a tuppaware box to work with me.

Have you tried puy lentils - cook them up with some stock then add chopped fresh tomatoes, garlic, fresh coriander and a tin of mackeral. Serve with a wedge of lemon to squeeze over - delicious!
  • deb3129
    deb3129 Posts: 1,294 Member
    Options
    I love the food I eat now! I think because I put more time into planning what I am going to eat. And because I don't want to use up calories on stuff that is not fabulous!
  • EmilyOfTheSun
    EmilyOfTheSun Posts: 1,548 Member
    Options
    My feelings exactly.
  • laserturkey
    laserturkey Posts: 1,680 Member
    Options
    I was thinking the same thing the other day. Some things are just incredibly extra delicious now.
  • sandradev1
    sandradev1 Posts: 786 Member
    Options
    So funny as just this evening, I told my husband and I was really enjoying my meals now. Also I went shopping before and bought lots of fresh fruit, veg, chicken and fish and also brought home some healthy snacks and WOW my shopping bill was a fair bit less than it usually is. Healthier, cheaper and much tastier...WIN, WIN, WIN :happy:
  • lizsmith1976
    lizsmith1976 Posts: 497 Member
    Options
    Me too. Exactly. The satisfaction of preparing my own healthy, delicious food, and then having that to eat is so much better than what I had before. FYI - your lunch sounds amazing and excatly like something I would eat. Yay for carbs and fiber! Delicious, filling, and good for you!
  • Kvanstrom
    Options
    i feel like the best way to describe it is the food i eat now is a long term tasty. it tastes good, and it makes me feel good. not going to lie, bad food choices do taste insanely good short term, but after a few bites, i feel bad about myself, bloated, and then i wake up the next day feeling puffy. so i think healthier choices taste better to me because i know that they are helping me, not hurting me.
  • MostlyWater
    MostlyWater Posts: 4,294 Member
    Options
    dunno
  • SassyClassyandALittleBadAssy
    Options
    Yes! I am also enjoying foods I never used to enjoy!
  • Melo1966
    Melo1966 Posts: 881 Member
    Options
    I love the food I eat now! I think because I put more time into planning what I am going to eat. And because I don't want to use up calories on stuff that is not fabulous!

This:drinker:
  • mommyshortlegs
    mommyshortlegs Posts: 402 Member
    Options
    It's not just you. :) In my experience, food when carefully chosen (and limited more to what is needed vs. what is wanted) is more appreciated, dare I say savored slowly; whereas gluttony may be enjoyed in the moment but ultimately leads to guilt, and guilt (not to mention unnecessary weight gain) is never enjoyable. :p