Anyone Out There Doing Les Mills???

Options
Hello I am a new user. 2nd week in. (perfect timing huh) with the holidays and all. Anyway I take Les Mills classes at the gym I attend. I was just wondering if anyone had a way to figure a more accurate calorie count for Body Pump, Body Combat and Body Flow. I looked on their site and they have a round about calorie count so I have been guesstimating my exercise calories but would rather not. I also take Zumba if anyone would happen to have any ideas for a calorie burn on that as well. Thanks!!!

Replies

• JCM1969
    JCM1969 Posts: 141 Member
    Options
    Its not perfect but for body pump I use circuit training and for body combat I use kickboxing........Id love to hear other ideas....
  • Kristy528
    Kristy528 Posts: 63 Member
    Options
    Thanks I will try doing that instead of my own guesstimate of calories. I am curious to hear if anyone else has any pointers as well. I was thinking of asking for a Fit Bit for Christmas in hopes that may help with the entire process.
  • scapez
    scapez Posts: 2,018 Member
    Options
    Calorie burns can be different depending on a great many variables. Do yourself a favor and get a good heart rate monitor - Polar FT4 and FT7 models are relatively inexpensive and highly rated.
  • Chameleone
    Chameleone Posts: 281 Member
    Options
    I use a heart rate monitor but I found that zumbacalories.com is a pretty close estimate for zumba!
  • Kristy528
    Kristy528 Posts: 63 Member
    Options
    Has anyone used the Fit Bits's or heard anything about them. I would rather not have something that is a watch only because I work in an office and own many watches already so i want something that looks classy.... I also thought about trying the Nike Fuel Band too but the reviews gave me mixed feelings on it.
  • JanieJack
    JanieJack Posts: 3,831 Member
    Options
    I miss body pump- was great for me bouncing back after pregnancy.

As for Zumba, I created an entry to log my calories "JJ's Zumba" based on how hard I'm working in the class. I compare how hard I worked to how many calories my body usually burns on an equivalent run and log the comparitive calories.

@Chameleone will have to check out zumbacalories.com