How many calories are you eating while doing Turbo Fire?

Options
Hello everyone,

How many calories are you all eating while doing Turbo Fire? I am trying to lose a pound a week and I calculated my calories using the guide in one of the booklets that came with the Turbor Fire program, but it seems like the suggested calorie limit per day is too high... just curious what everyone else is doing while using this program so I can gauge my calories as well.

Thanks for your help!

Molly

Replies

• cmriverside
    cmriverside Posts: 34,121 Member
    Options
    Use the estimates given in the book. It works. You need to eat to fuel those workouts.
  • SideSteel
    SideSteel Posts: 11,068 Member
    Options
    I would eat before or after instead.
  • Miche11e5
    Miche11e5 Posts: 114 Member
    Options
    Do you have a Heart Rate Monitor (HRM)? If so, wear it while doing your workouts. It'll give you a better idea what your calorie burns are which should let you figure out how many calories you should be eating over-and-above your body's minimum needs. If you don't have one, you might want to put it on your Christmas list! (or Hanukkah list...or buy one for yorself.) I use the New Balance N4 HRM and got it at Target for around $60.

Good luck!
  • Molldoll0702
    Molldoll0702 Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    I do have a HRM and I usually burn 450-650 calories, depending upon the workout...however, the TurboFire booklet says I should be eating like 1800 calories per day in order to lose 1 pound a week...that just seems like a lot of calories to be taking in.
  • Becky388
    Becky388 Posts: 157 Member
    Options
    I have a BodyMedia Fit armband, according to it I burn 200-450 calories per workout (am still having to modify some due to an injury). Anyway, I eat between 1800-2100 depending on the workout and the rest of my daily activity (I sync the BMF to MFP several times a day to stay as accurate as possible).
  • Miche11e5
    Miche11e5 Posts: 114 Member
    Options
    I do have a HRM and I usually burn 450-650 calories, depending upon the workout...however, the TurboFire booklet says I should be eating like 1800 calories per day in order to lose 1 pound a week...that just seems like a lot of calories to be taking in.

1800 seems pretty good if you're burning those amounts. MFP would have you at a base of 1200 and eat back your burned calories each day which would be 1650-1850 depending on the workout.

Keep at it, the pounds will come off. The hardest part of the journey is being patient!