EXAUSTED!

mmrose00
mmrose00 Posts: 253 Member
edited September 20 in Health and Weight Loss
For the last month I have been exercising 5-6 days a week. Last week I changed the workout up by doing Taebo 3 days , Slim in 6 3 days, my normal routine is normally the elliptical, running, walking. I took Sunday off, and now I feel like I can't get back into the swing of things. I attempted to do Slim in 6 yesterday, and could not complete it. I mean I did 30 minutes and couldn't go on, because I felt like I wasn't giving it my all. Today, I did Taebo and that kicked my butt, but I pushed through it at maybe 75% of my efforts when I am normally at 100%!

Is this some kind of burn out? It's so strange. Has this happened to anyone before?? How did you overcome?

Replies

• rileya
    rileya Posts: 28 Member
    This happens to me all the time. Personally I think it is just the time of the month thing. Just take it easy for a couple days but don't forget to watch what you eat to make up for the calories you aren't burning through excersise. Then go back to the gym and you should feel better...Hope this helps :)
  • leeslim4life
    leeslim4life Posts: 371 Member
    I was feeling like this over the weekend but, I think it was from me getting sick!!!
    Taking 2 days off during the week may be a good idea, listen to your body!!
    Good Luck!
  • mmrose00
    This happens to me all the time. Personally I think it is just the time of the month thing. Just take it easy for a couple days but don't forget to watch what you eat to make up for the calories you aren't burning through excersise. Then go back to the gym and you should feel better...Hope this helps :)

I could have used that as reason a eek or so ago, but this week I can't :sad: .. Perhaps I need to re-evaluate my vitamins or something..Because this is awful! I was on a roll!! Correction.. I am on a roll :flowerforyou:
  • Sounds like a slight burn out. Continue to work-out but only at 75% as long as you stick with it. Do not stop all together. My personal experience...once I quit, I quit for a few months straight!! :grumble:

Eat your calories and drink water. Do not beat yourself up. Billy and Debbie make you burn a ton of calories even at 75%

How do you feel about going for a walk/jog in between? That gives you a nice change during your regular schedule. I do that once a week and I breath good clean air:laugh:

Silke:flowerforyou:
  • mmrose00
    Sounds like a slight burn out. Continue to work-out but only at 75% as long as you stick with it. Do not stop all together. My personal experience...once I quit, I quit for a few months straight!! :grumble:

Eat your calories and drink water. Do not beat yourself up. Billy and Debbie make you burn a ton of calories even at 75%

How do you feel about going for a walk/jog in between? That gives you a nice change during your regular schedule. I do that once a week and I breath good clean air:laugh:

Silke:flowerforyou:

Perhaps I need to get back outdoors..(we have had a ton of snow, so it's just kept me inside, and we are expecting more today) I guess I am pushing thru, because I had a GREAT weight loss week doing the Taebo/Slim in 6 and to be honest I want to keep it up! :heart: When I am on the Elliptical, or walking/running my losses aren't the greatest...But I will add something different this week..

Thanks for all of your comments! I really appreciate it!!
  • amymeenieminymo
    amymeenieminymo Posts: 2,394 Member
    I am going through the same thing right now, though along with gym burn out, I am experiencing life burn out. I was going to the gym 5 days a week at 5:30am, then going to work, coming home and making dinner, cleaning up and doing homework (grad school, yuck!). Oh and I recently got engaged so I have been busy with wedding planning as well.

But the last three days its like I have been physically unable to get up and go to the gym. Like you I was on such a roll and very mad at myself for not going. But I think sometimes our bodies and minds just need a break. I called off work today, and plan on taking it very easy, so hopefully I can get back into the swing of things tomorrow. Good luck!
  • mmrose00
    I am going through the same thing right now, though along with gym burn out, I am experiencing life burn out. I was going to the gym 5 days a week at 5:30am, then going to work, coming home and making dinner, cleaning up and doing homework (grad school, yuck!). Oh and I recently got engaged so I have been busy with wedding planning as well.

But the last three days its like I have been physically unable to get up and go to the gym. Like you I was on such a roll and very mad at myself for not going. But I think sometimes our bodies and minds just need a break. I called off work today, and plan on taking it very easy, so hopefully I can get back into the swing of things tomorrow. Good luck!

CONGRAT's On your ENGAGEMENT!!!!

Yeah I guess ur right ..Life does burn us out!! Take it easy today.. I will do the same!!
  • amymeenieminymo
    amymeenieminymo Posts: 2,394 Member

CONGRAT's On your ENGAGEMENT!!!!

Yeah I guess ur right ..Life does burn us out!! Take it easy today.. I will do the same!!

Thank you!
This discussion has been closed.