GETTING STARTED

Options
hi! i am new to this forum just started sunday and was shocked to see that i was under eating by a lot.
i thought i was doing good since i was on weight watchers years ago and just always knew what
everything was worth points wise BUT was wrong. i do feel hunger 90% of the time but feel that was
normal since i'm dieting so to speak. anyway i lost 16 pounds since jan 04/2010 and i think now my
body is stopping losing weight since it's being undernourished i eat around 1100 to 1200 calories a day
does anyone think i should take that up a bit i have such a long way to go???thanks carla

Replies

• jsjaclark
    Options
    I have a hard time most days undereating. Per MFP, I am supposed to have 1200 calories per day. Undereating does slow your metabolism and could put your body in starvation mode so it is much harder to loose weight. I know there are several discussion threads on this. Try adding some healthy calories and see if that helps. Also make sure to drink your water.
  • sallyah13
    sallyah13 Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    I recomend putting all your numbers into mfp and letting that do the work. It will tell you how many calories you should be eating and stay at that number, if you exercise, eat back those calories. Just keep putting in everything you eat and all your exercise and it should work out. Good luck
  • SherahLovesHealth
    SherahLovesHealth Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    Welcome to MFP, it is really a great community to be apart of. I am glad to see that you have realized you are undereating because I think that is the first step to figuring out a good plan for weightloss. When I actually saw how many calories I was eating I was kinda shocked. Some of the food I would eat had more calories than I could imagine.I think when it comes to the exercise calories, some people eat them and some people dont. I workout 6 days a week so my calories are between 1700-2100 because I burn at least 500-700+ calories when I workout. So if you work out you do need more calories than 1200. How often do you eat? I eat 6 times a day, every two hours which helps me so so much! I also drink lots of water. Just like Sallyah13 advised, try utilizing the food diary to see how many calories you are eating and try a little trial/error. Maybe try some weeks eating all of the exercise calories given and try some weeks eating only half of the exercise calories. I think alot of weightloss is trial and error. If you feel hunger 90% you definitely should up your calories. I rarely feel hungry and if I do its only because I did not eat when I was supposed to and my body is used to getting food every two hours. I hope this helps.