Good Workout DVD?

Options
I am going to be finishing 30 DS at the end of December and am looking for a good workout DVD to try out next. I am looking for one that is about 30 min. and burns a lot of calories. I was thinking about Ripped in 30 or Turbo Fire...any suggestions or recommendations would be greatly appreciated!

Replies

• TammyKeaten
    TammyKeaten Posts: 61 Member
    Options
    Anyone?:noway:
  • celiason81
    celiason81 Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    I'd love to see some answers cause I'm in the same boat. I was going to start Insanity, but over the 2 weeks I kept finding myself cutting the workouts short or skipping too much cause of how long they take.
  • MostlyWater
    MostlyWater Posts: 4,294 Member
    Options
    I adore Chalean! I also like Karen Voight, Billy Blanks, and Kari Anderson. Why not try some from the library or rent from Netflix?
  • Luvmyveggies
    Luvmyveggies Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    I am very interested in this also. I have been doing TaeBo Live (the basic trainig one) its 30 minutes. I absolutely love it, but I do need to mix it up. Like you, I only have about 30-40 mins in the morning ... after that, life takes over. If you havent tried Taebo, I would give it a shot! I look forward to what others have to say =)
  • busycitystreets
    busycitystreets Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    Insanity or P90X
  • TammyKeaten
    TammyKeaten Posts: 61 Member
    Options
    Is Insanity and p90x a short workout? Like 30 mins?
  • chelseelovesyou
    chelseelovesyou Posts: 109 Member
    Options
    Insanity is shorter (like 45). Turbo fire gets up to 60 but most days it is between 20-45... there is one workout that is only 15. I would do Turbofire before I did Insanity. Insanity is STUPID HARD. Even when I was running 20-25 miles a week, insanity killed me. It can make you feel discouraged coming from something like 30 DS.

But... just my opinion.
  • ambate2
    Options
    I second checking out what's at the library. Also, check out YouTube. There are tons of workouts on there. There's a great workout channel, BeFit http://www.youtube.com/user/BeFit?feature=fvstc that has tons of videos. This is where I get my 30DS videos.
  • sovannac
    sovannac Posts: 445 Member
    Options
    Is Insanity and p90x a short workout? Like 30 mins?

The first month of Insanity range from 35-45 minutes. I don't know about the 90x workouts.
  • LifeIsNotADressRehearsal
    Options
    I've done many of Jillian's DVDs and just started week 3 of her body revolution. Absolutely love it! Great workout and only 30 minutes - lots of variety as well!
  • tbellamy1
    Options
    Cathe Friedrich always delivers for me. cathe.com
  • Maidofmer
    Maidofmer Posts: 908 Member
    Options
    Tony Horton's Ten Minute Trainer. it's brutal. I did it and could barely make the 10 minutes. (wasn't 266 at the time, 215)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Tgj9c9naZho&feature=channel&s_kwcid=TC|17374|10%20minute%20trainer||S|b|3303493494
  • Mokey41
    Mokey41 Posts: 5,769 Member
    Options
    Jillian has lots of other DVD's if you like her style.
  • clarebrad
    clarebrad Posts: 188 Member
    Options
    Recently got jillian Micheales Kickbox kick fast dvd. Love love love it. Intense workout and some tonning is fun and goes fast. All kickboxing and boxing. 3 x min workouts, and you move the entire time, so is very intense. You can do one for a fast option, 2 or even 3 for 60 mins. I find i do one , then do the next then, what the heck with do all 3. Dripping with sweat , huge caloire burn.
  • jbnl1991
    jbnl1991 Posts: 149
    Options
    I love Debbie Siebers' Slim in 6 workouts. The first three gradually get tougher so you don't give up too soon. Her other workouts are longer than 30 minutes, but I usually only do the first 30 minutes. She does basic arm excercises with light weights and high repetitions and tons of squats and lunges. She has very little high impact moves. I use her workouts to get my strength training in about three times a week. She is not too perky, either. Her workouts are on Beachbody, but you may find them in a library.

Good luck finding something that works for you!
  • horseryder77
    horseryder77 Posts: 224 Member
    Options
    I got Jillian's ripped in 30- love it!
    I haven't completed it yet cause I've got a foot injury, but I got up to level 2 and thought it was great. I did the 30 DS before, and I got really tired of repeating workouts. If you liked 30 DS, you'll like ripped in 30.
    I think it's a little harder, but it's great!

Good luck!

I also really like her 6 week 6 pack and her yoga melt down to supplement. I also (before I got plantar fasciitis.. blah) was running and supplementing with these DVD's

So that's my thoughts :)
  • samantha1242
    samantha1242 Posts: 816 Member
    Options
    So far RI30 seems to be quite similar to 30DS with the 3-2-1 concept. I am only in week 1 and am enjoying it. It is only 20ish minutes per workout though. I plan to do Body Revolution next.

I tried Turbo Fire last week and personally hated it. I couldn't follow along and felt uncoordinated (which is strange cause I was a dancer growing up and always thought I had fabulous coordination). The fact that I couldn't keep up frustrated me enough to quit after the 1st week and switch back to Jillian (RI30). I also didn't like how Turbo Fire didn't include weights which I have grown to enjoy. Maybe it does though, and I didn't get that far. One thing I will say about TF is that I did enjoy the 15 min HIIT workout which I did keep to use once in awhile.

On a side note, I absolutely love P90X yoga and highly recommend it. :)
  • Maidofmer
    Maidofmer Posts: 908 Member
    Options
    I love Debbie Siebers' Slim in 6 workouts. The first three gradually get tougher so you don't give up too soon. Her other workouts are longer than 30 minutes, but I usually only do the first 30 minutes. She does basic arm excercises with light weights and high repetitions and tons of squats and lunges. She has very little high impact moves. I use her workouts to get my strength training in about three times a week. She is not too perky, either. Her workouts are on Beachbody, but you may find them in a library.

Good luck finding something that works for you!

I only did this too when I first lost 30 lbs and 40 inches. only did the start it up work out but it was awesome. have you tried Brazilian butt lift or what ever that's called? I tried it a while ago. nice but not for me yet
  • drbaska
    drbaska Posts: 157 Member
    Options
    P90X workouts are 60 minutes so probably not what you are looking for. The Chalean Extreme workouts are right in that 30-40 minute range. And Brazil Butt Lift would be good too. Insanity Asylum workouts are about 40 mins - and that, in my opinion, is just about the best workout program around if you want to get into reallly awesome athletic condition.
  • jbnl1991
    jbnl1991 Posts: 149
    Options
    My daughter wanted the Brazilian Butt Lift so I ordered it and tried it. It is too "dancy" for me so after two attempts, it has remained on my shelf. My daughter loves the Just Dance Wii games, but did not like the BBL.