Not Losing Any Weight?!

Options
2»

Replies

• firstsip
    firstsip Posts: 8,399 Member
    Options
    really, did you just say your between 98-101 pounds. girl you don't need to lose anymore weight. i can see if you were 200 lbs, and overweight. but your not. this is the reason why i hate when skinny *kitten* people who weight around 100 pounds want to lose more weight.

This girl clearly smacks of disordered eating and/or body dysmorphia. This is really uncalled for.
  • crazylovergrl
    crazylovergrl Posts: 97 Member
    Options
    Your body is in starvation mode. Eating at your BMR is for not moving around at all... Netting that little will keep you in starvation mode and you won't lose. You're young, don't ruin your metabolism! I bet you could even lose at 1500... up your cals gradually so you don't gain.
  • firstsip
    firstsip Posts: 8,399 Member
    Options
    OP, if what you say is true, you've been eating an unhealthy, low amount of calories the last four months. You can continue your cardio if you like it, but you need to eat more to keep your body healthy. If you're really concerned, LIFT WEIGHTS. It really saved me from many of my bad habits of my severely anorexic days. Your body will look tighter and be stronger AND you'll be able to eat without worrying about it "turning into fat."
  • JesterMFP
    JesterMFP Posts: 3,596 Member
    Options
    Ok, 2 things:

-looking at your profile, you mention a couple of times that it's time to love yourself. Speaking as someone who has been unhappy with my body for a lot longer than you have, and who has lost a lot of weight and got pretty close to having the body I always wanted, I have to tell you that it doesn't magically flick a switch that makes you happy, or makes you love yourself. It's so easy to think that when we finally look in the mirror and like what we see (if that ever happens) that we will suddenly be brimming with self-confidence and self-esteem. It just doesn't work that way. It's a cliché, but that stuff really does come from within. The fact that you look in the mirror now and think you need to lose weight tells me that you're not going to be satisfied at any weight. Please take the opportunity to work on the "inside" stuff as well as the outside.

-I took a little look at your tumblr and it looks like you're aiming for an athletic look. If so, you're really best focusing on strength training. Heavy weights, with plenty of protein will help you achieve that look. If you're wanting to build muscle, then you'll need to eat more.
  • marycmeadows
    marycmeadows Posts: 1,691 Member
    Options
    I still have alot of fat in my thighs, I could care less about the number. But I do need to lose alot more fat. & my body wont budge.

You cant spot reduce you know??

also, you should work on building muscle, dropping fat. muscle looks better than fat does. do some squats, lunges, etc.
  • Tetonia
    Tetonia Posts: 79 Member
    Options
    I have been where you are now, and I can tell you what the rest of the story might be (20 years later).

What has been happening for the last half a year is that your body is desperately trying to hold onto the small fat stores that you currently have. It will do this despite a calorie deficit or working out harder. It will burn lean body mass before it will burn the fat. If you continue this for years, eventually your body will get very tired of it.

You have been determined for seven months to stick to your program. This shows how much you want the results. Consider increasing your diet by 100 calories every week or two and watch what happens. Get as close as you can to a gram of protein for every pound of body weight, in your case around 100 grams per day. This way your body will have time to get used to the higher calories and will love you for it. Reduce your cardio some and replace that with weight lifting, squats and lunges. You can probably easily eat (and burn) more than 1800 calories a day with your activity level. Give yourself another seven months to see what happens when you properly fuel your workouts.

I wish someone had smacked me upside the head and told me how futile my efforts were on a low calorie, high exercise program and shoved me in the direction of the body that I could have created with the proper diet.

I am 5'2" and weighed 90 pounds for 12 years. I never did get that little bit of leg fat to disappear. My hair went gray at 35, even though I had finally gained weight to 105 pounds. At 40 I started gaining weight at a rate of a pound a week, until I had put on 35 pounds. Then I spent the next 5 years trying to take that back off again.

Currently my calorie intake is somewhat all over the place but over the span of a month I average 1500 calories per day. I am losing body fat at a steady rate with a ratio of 50% weight lifting and cardio, and about 85 grams of protein per day.
  • jennaworksout
    jennaworksout Posts: 1,739 Member
    Options
    start lifting , you don't need to lose anymore
  • kcallas88
    kcallas88 Posts: 192
    Options
    I still have alot of fat in my thighs, I could care less about the number. But I do need to lose alot more fat. & my body wont budge.

maybe as opposed to losing weight, you need to worry more about body composition. You may need to do weights and stregnth training exercises to "tone" your thighs, and the fat will go away with more muscle.

You sound like you are at a healthy weight already!!
  • TheCaren
    TheCaren Posts: 894 Member
    Options
    Probably because you are already classified as underweight? Your body needs more food to fuel itself and perform optimally.

^^^^ This.
  • cwill33
    cwill33 Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    I would recommend a visit to a doctor and perhaps consider talking to a therapist about why you feel the need to lose more weight. I'm not trying to make a joke here; you are already thin and need to up your daily calorie intake in order to function at full capacity without health problems.
  • bricktowngal
    Options
    Then do the appropriate exercise to reduce your thighs.
  • jenilla1
    jenilla1 Posts: 11,118 Member
    Options
    really, did you just say your between 98-101 pounds. girl you don't need to lose anymore weight. i can see if you were 200 lbs, and overweight. but your not. this is the reason why i hate when skinny *kitten* people who weight around 100 pounds want to lose more weight.

This girl clearly smacks of disordered eating and/or body dysmorphia. This is really uncalled for.

I agree. That's a hideous comment.

OP, trade some of your cardio for lifting weights - and lift heavy - you will love it! You might have to add more calories and may maintain or even gain a couple of pounds - not a lot, but you will love how it enhances your overall shape!
  • Bootjockey
    Bootjockey Posts: 208 Member
    Options
    I would recommend increasing the protein in your diet, and increasing your strength training. Weights, lounges, etc. I'm not saying discontinue or even reduce your cardio (that's up to you), but in my opinion, you want to tone more, so you need more muscle.

Think about INCREASING your calories, and, in a corresponding number of calories, adding weight-lifting. If you burn another 400 calories when you lift weights, for example, consider adding 400 calories of mostly protein to your diet that day.

Good Luck!

-David
  • rickyll
    rickyll Posts: 188 Member
    Options
    From your pics it seems to me like you need to tone. This means eating a bit more so your body can build some muscle. Don't do so much cardio cuz that will take away from your gains.

I know it's ****erintuitive but you should eat enough to build muscle, which may be more than what you're eating now. This will actually speed up your fat loss because your body burns more calories the more muscle you have.

SUMMARY:
    -Build muscle by eating more and strength training
    -Get rid of your cardio...It's pretty much useless. You can do some cardio during the week to keep your stamina up but overall it's counterproductive.

If you do that, you'll eventually lose the fat in your thighs and you'll get more toned, and defined legs and stomach and arms and everything else!
  • xMonroeMisfit
    xMonroeMisfit Posts: 411 Member
    Options
    OP

You've stalled because your body isn't sure where to go from here. You're definitely not eating enough for your body to live off of and on top of that you're burning even more calories by being a cardio queen.

1. Lay off the cardio for a bit the weight might creep up but it's your body re-feeding itself. Poor thing's been starving.
    2. PICK UP WEIGHTS (I cannot stress this enough. Pick up HEAVY weights. Pick them up and put them down. Compound Movements. THIS is absolutely necessary to increase muscle mass and lose body fat - hence the "TONED" appearance which I imagine is what you want)

Repeat step 2, 3 times a week.
  • twinketta
    twinketta Posts: 2,130 Member
    Options
    I have been stuck at no weightloss for the last 6-7 months. I'm 5" and 98-101 lbs. I used to eat anywhere from 600-1200 cals with a negative net for 4 months. Now I switched to eating 1200 ( my bmr) and my net is about 900-400 calories. Nothing, my weight hasn't budged. I usually eat very clean but recently I just have gotten depressed and feel like I'm doing all this work for nothing. My exercise is insanity plus hula hoping & pilates. I get 8+ hours of sleep, and I also haven't lost any inches.

You have some lovely foods in your diet and Saturday is a good day for repeating what you are eating to bring you up with the calories.

You are eating a great amount of fruits and veggies, can you add some more protein???

If I was you I would increase the protein for sure, you need it to help with the exercise to help repair and build muscles?

Maybe you have reached a point where your body is happy with its weight and you are unhappy with your look?

So focus on eating a little more to reach your net goal and even go so far as to add more to that net goal with protein to accommodate the exercise?

Try going to hasfit.com to find some exercises to work the parts of your body that you are unhappy with?

But do not be afraid to eat more, food is not your enemy x
  • stepheatscake
    stepheatscake Posts: 167 Member
    Options
    Hi.

When I first read your post I really hoped that this was a joke because I can't personally imaging anything under 110lbs healthy.

But I'm going to put aside my opinions and give you some advice. First off, enough with the cardio. I know this might seem weird but you need to trust me. Start educating yourself on weight lifting. That is what is going to take off the last 10lbs look (even though you'll probably gain weight because of muscle) and you'll get that lean, toned look. Cardio will just make you go in circles around your goal. Look into New Rules of Lifting for Women, Jamie Eason has some great advice, Erin Stern, or any other educated trainer on bodybuilding.com.

Trust me, it's the weight lifting you need.

Oh, when you do start lifting, you better be consuming 1500 + calories. Just saying.

Weight loss is not a physical challenge it's a MENTAL challenge. Don't take this the wrong way but if you freak out about eating 1500+ calories than 1) You need to reeducate yourself 2) You're mentally unhealthy (please don't take that the wrong way)