20-something with a little to lose?

Options
Hey so I only want to lose 10-15 lbs, but my body fat is ridiculous since I barely work out. So my goal is mainly getting in shape. Which is really hard for me, I'd always rather read a book than workout. I joined this a while ago but haven't really used it until the last couple weeks. Anyone in a similar situation? Please add me and we can support each other!

Replies

• RissaRoo007
    Options
    Total book-a-holic too! I'm currently reading Kite Runner which I absolutely recommend to any and all :) My goal weight is also about 15lbs away, but I've been strength training for a while, so I'm looking to keep getting stronger AND burn some fat! Definitely feel free to add :)
  • PamelaDe1323
    PamelaDe1323 Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    I'm in the same boat, I want to lose the same amount of weight but my muscles are like jello :(. starting the 30 DS though! I heard it will do wonders for me in my position!
  • _granola
    _granola Posts: 326
    Options
    Lift heavy weights. Eat at a moderate calorie deficit. Your goal should be to lose 0.5-1 lb per week.

Check out these programs: Starting Strength, New Rules of Lifting for Women, or StrongLifts.

Get your priorities in check. If you want to lower your body fat percentage, look good, and be fit, then you need to find what motivates you and make it a priority.

Eat, lift, sleep, repeat. Enjoy the ride.
  • gregb8924
    gregb8924 Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    Total book-a-holic too! I'm currently reading Kite Runner which I absolutely recommend to any and all :) My goal weight is also about 15lbs away, but I've been strength training for a while, so I'm looking to keep getting stronger AND burn some fat! Definitely feel free to add :)

i've read it as well and agree that everyone should too! lol