Im at the bottom I cant find my way alone.

Options
13»

Replies

• cordianet
    cordianet Posts: 534 Member
    Options
    So don't try to climb all the mountains and do the ten hours of cardio a day. If you hurt your foot, it's okay.

80% of losing weight is diet, 20% exercise. As long as you're eating a caloric deficit, you will lose weight.

It sounds like you've been at this and you know how to calculate your BMR and TDEE. So shoot for calories between those numbers and just count them. Find a meal frequency that works for you and gradually experiment. Weigh yourself once a week at the same day and time. Take your measurements so you have other sources of data to see if you might be losing inches even if you're not losing pounds.

But that's all. If you feel like you have to conquer the world, it's easy to get discouraged. But, if you can just get your eating under control, you'll always be making progress. It doesn't have to be dramatic, just in the right direction and consistent.

Very well said. Our want-it-now perfectionist society convinces us we have to do everything perfectly and all at once. That's silly. You can't change a lifetime of bad habits overnight.

What one really needs to do is make small, lasting changes. Only you can decide how big or small a lasting change is, however. Maybe it's as big as committing to doing some sort of exercise 30 minutes 3 days a week, or maybe it's as small as giving up one less soda a day than you drank before. The size of the change is not the issue, the issue is that it must be something you can commit to and incorporate into your daily activities without having to feel deprived or like a huge burden. Once these better behaviors become good habits, you don't have to worry about "lapsing" and restarting, there's nothing to lapse to: it's the new normal

If you just keep plugging away and making more and more of these small, lasting changes, sooner or later, you've made HUGE improvements in your health. That's what's truly important.
  • RobynMWilson
    RobynMWilson Posts: 1,540 Member
    Options
    So don't try to climb all the mountains and do the ten hours of cardio a day. If you hurt your foot, it's okay.

80% of losing weight is diet, 20% exercise. As long as you're eating a caloric deficit, you will lose weight.

It sounds like you've been at this and you know how to calculate your BMR and TDEE. So shoot for calories between those numbers and just count them. Find a meal frequency that works for you and gradually experiment. Weigh yourself once a week at the same day and time. Take your measurements so you have other sources of data to see if you might be losing inches even if you're not losing pounds.

But that's all. If you feel like you have to conquer the world, it's easy to get discouraged. But, if you can just get your eating under control, you'll always be making progress. It doesn't have to be dramatic, just in the right direction and consistent.

^^ This...and SMALL changes, once change at a time. It's sooooo much easier to stick with small changes that slowly add up rather than overhauling EVERYTHING at once. At least that's been my experience.

I do beg to differ that it's 80% nutrition and 20% exercise. That hasn't been my experience. I mean, yes, you have to eat at a deficit, but I don't believe that I would have lost 70lbs and kept it off over 20yrs without exercise. But you don't have to spend 2 hours in a gym per day, either. I'm gonna friend you.

The main thing is that NOTHING CHANGES IF NOTHING CHANGES. You have to change your approach this time since your previous attempts did not work.
  • BeingAwesome247
    BeingAwesome247 Posts: 1,171 Member
    Options

+1

+2

That was very well said & great advice...not to mention thoughtful
  • loneworg
    loneworg Posts: 342 Member
    Options

^^^^^^^^^ /endthread
  • JenniBaby85
    JenniBaby85 Posts: 855 Member
    Options

Awesome advice. Very knowledgeable! :drinker:
  • hendinerik
    hendinerik Posts: 287 Member
    Options
    This is a tough time of year too to stay on point... I think we've all been there in some way or another... just try to look forward - a lot of people here who are looking to support and be supported... one day at a time right?
  • Cherbear67
    Cherbear67 Posts: 245 Member
    Options
    You can do this Jamie... We can help you...
  • stargazer66
    Options
    Lovely comments! Here to support you too! 4th time back.
  • CelebrateLife
    CelebrateLife Posts: 247 Member
    Options
    Many of us are in the same boat we all experience this one time or another for various reasons it's okay I know how you feel I just recently started again and initially I felt embarrassed that I'm starting again I then quickly discovered there's nothing to be embarrassed about the main point is -- When you lose focus and you realize it and you're able to pick yourself up brush yourself off and carry on its great! It is absolutely amazing that we can be honest about it willing to re-start and reach out for support you're on the right path

We are here to support each other because we all know this is a difficult journey and when we have the support it's all the better!

Small changes leads to big results
    Don't pressure yourself
    Start small one step at a time
    Find a healthy balance
    Swap out the bad for the good(healthier options)
    Don't deprive yourself have what you like in moderation
    Increase your water intake
    Add tea to your daily food intake
    Get moving - find things you like and do it -just be active it can even include daily chores cooking cleaning dishes
    Log everything you eat
    Have warm water with lemon in the morning
    ....... ............. .......

I'm here to support you in this journey :)
  • Jamiew3kids
    Jamiew3kids Posts: 101 Member
    Options
    Thanks to everyone for there KIND words! I am glad I posted this and I am starting with baby steps so I don't get overwhelmed! Thanks again.