Compliments are Motivating

Options
One of the biggest motivators for me in this weight loss journey is the compliments I get. Not sure how many persons will admit to it but being complimented on progress makes you want to push harder.
People will walk up to me and gush about how good I look or how much weight I have lost and tell me to keep it up.
People I don't even talk to will just pay a passing compliment or comment on how fast I lost weight, they will even ask for tips.
My biggest motivators are my kids though. They told me I now look slimmer and prettier :happy:

Replies

• tammihart
    tammihart Posts: 963 Member
    Options
    I totally agree with you! I have twin daughters (15) when they say something about how I look it really is motivating because teenagers don't compliment mom unless they want something. They know that only works with dad.
  • ctryfan28
    Options
    I agree! It makes me feel so good when people tell me that I'm looking good and to keep up the good work. I focus on these comments when the munchies are chanting my name haha :laugh:
  • ndearing0501
    ndearing0501 Posts: 145 Member
    Options
    Agree 100%. When people give you compliments on how you look, its just reinforcement that you are working hard and will push you to keep going because of it. Anyone who says otherwise is lying. Compliments are awesome!