Anyone quitting smoking?

Options
I'm new here. I joined in May but really never followed through. I am focused on getting healthy and fit. I am a new non-smoker ( 1 month) after 20 years of smoking and I am ready to commit to getting all around healthy. Looking for friends here to keep me on track and to return the favor of motivation. I use Fitbit Ultra and I am really having fun with it. A very neat device indeed.

Replies

• sherryjohnson2012
    sherryjohnson2012 Posts: 102 Member
    Options
    congratulations on quitting the smoking!! I smoked for about 33 years and finally quit this past March, I still cant believe i dont smoke anymore.. lol Best of luck to you on a new healthy way of living! :)
  • loneworg
    loneworg Posts: 342 Member
    Options
    Hi I just quit chewing tobacco about three and a half weeks ago. Anyway feel free to add me!
  • MariFitBody
    MariFitBody Posts: 287 Member
    Options
    hi!! Congrats on quitting!! I'm also a nonsmoker of 16 years. I quit 2 years ago going on 3 this Feb. 2013. I quit cold turkey for the simple fact that whats the purpose of exercising and eating healthy to be healthy yet your burning out your lungs? Feel free to add me! Good luck on your journey!
  • Healthydiner65
    Healthydiner65 Posts: 1,579 Member
    Options
    Congrats! I quit last January after getting blood clots in my legs and I now feel soooo much better! I actually just worked out for 111 minutes at the gym this morning and I am 60 years old! I smoked for 45 years before it caught up with me. Keep up the great job. You are giving yourself a great gift!