Motivation Please

Options
Hey Everyone, I'm Julia and I'm having a hard time staying positive about the way I look. I'm 21 and Ive lost about 15 lbs. My height is 5'4 and I weight 145. I know I should be proud of myself for losing that weight but I feel like its still not good enough. I'm constantly putting myself down and I'm realizing that I am stressing myself out which cause me to eat horrible and gain weight. I'm hoping I can have some people on here give me advice and push me in a good direction. Thanks! :)

Replies

• tigtigs
    Options
    You are doing great!! Stop all of that bad self talk...I bet you wouldn't talk to your friends the way you talk to yourself!! Good luck to you! :-)
  • bhhblue
    bhhblue Posts: 147 Member
    Options
    You should feel so accomplished with that victory! I understand how you feel though, We are our biggest critcs. Feel free to add me.
  • TheFirstHound
    Options
    Julia,
    Don't worry, there are many out there who have felt the same way. I have gone through ups and downs for a while, but now that I'm on here I feel like it's a serious thing, a goal even. I'm at 5'9" and last winter I was 195, although I still has some fit appearance from military life I was tired of feeling and looking like crap. I took what I knew and set up my own workout, things that I know would work and that I could do. What motivates me is that getting to an ideal weight is possible, and that older clothes started to fit again. If you're bored with your workout or feel like it isn't working, then change it up a little. I'm still new to the site but I know that there are some good people out there that will help you along the way. Just remember, don't do this for someone else, do it for yourself. With all things getting fit takes time, especially if you are doing it right, because if it's too much then that can get dangerous. Stick with it! Punch a beehive! Run to space! GO!
  • faceoff4
    faceoff4 Posts: 1,599 Member
    Options
    You are doing awesome and you look great! Just stay positive and know you have really done a great job so far! So keep smiling and keep up the great work!
  • JDTheodore
    Options
    Girl, I feel ya! I've lost 20 pounds since August 2011 and I sometimes still don't feel good about myself. But I'm trying to think positive one day at a time. There are some days where I'm like 'dang girl, you look good' and there are those days where I'm like 'ugh'. So yeah, it just takes time. I've been having more 'dang girl' days than the 'ugh' days lately.

Try writing positive messages like 'good morning beautiful' on your mirror at night or have your roommate or friend write a positive message on the mirror. That way when you wake up, you see the message. I also think that exercising in the morning not only helps to boost your metabolism, but also your self-confidence throughout the day.

Just take it one day at a time! And remember that you are in control of your feelings!

I hope this helps! :)
  • kingscrown
    kingscrown Posts: 615 Member
    Options
    It's really a mental process as well as a physical one. The loosing weight I'm talking about. I'm just now getting to a point where I don't feel the need to feel badly about how I look. I'm even more positive about it. But it's taken me a year to get here. Just keep taking care of yourself. Keep eating healthy by making good food choices. Let the process sink in. Be happy about the small things and the bigger picture will get better.
  • madisoneads
    Options
    We all need motivation every once in a while. I keep getting down on myself as well. You just have to remember patience and that it's not going to happen immediately. You've come to a great place. There is so much positivity and encouragement here it's truly amazing. I am having a really hard time loosing weight and it's sometimes really easy to give up but we are all here to support one another. Feel free to add me :)
  • mrs_smcd
    mrs_smcd Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    You're doing awesome! I'm actually in the same boat as you, I've only lost about 7 pounds so far, but feel like I'm not loosing enough and not seeing a difference. Keep up the great work, 15 pounds is amazing! Don't let anything bring you down now.