wrist issues

I love working out to Jillian Michaels dvd's (mostly 30 day shred and ripped in 30). My wrists hurt a lot during the plank moves. I feel like I could get more out of the work out if my wrists didn't act up. Is there anything I can do to help my wrists besides just keeping on doing the moves until my wrists catch up to the rest of my body?

Replies

• megleo818
    megleo818 Posts: 595 Member
    Seems like you're planking with straight arms and your wrists flexed, right? -- Some people's wrists just aren't designed to bend back like that -- my husband is one of them. Try either going onto your elbows, or doing them straight-armed on closed fists. Either modification should do the trick.

Good luck!
  • jenna715
    jenna715 Posts: 201
    I ended up on closed fists tonight and it felt ok. I didn't know if that was a good/recommended(meaning not harmful) modification or not, I guess I will just do that from now on! Thanks
  • megleo818
    megleo818 Posts: 595 Member
    These are the two modifications trainers have given my husband and that I've seen group fitness teachers give (I mean on the fists or down on elbows). Both are safe, I guess! Glad the fist thing works for you. :smile:

Editing to say, "you're welcome"!