Taco Bell is ok?!

Options
2»

Replies

• Dauntlessness
    Dauntlessness Posts: 1,489 Member
    Options
    I haven't eaten a Mcdonalds hamburger in over 5-6 years now. I do eat Wendys maybe once a year, just enough to remind me how bad it is. Taco bell-same, Burger king-maybe once in 2 years. Most of my fast food tends to be 5 guys(once in a very great while), subway, and local type restaurants or food trucks. Most of the time I have felt so horrible after I ate fast food I learn my lesson until I forget again..
    I do miss the bacon sundae at burger king though....haha
  • DonaA123
    DonaA123 Posts: 337 Member
    Options
    bump for later
  • triinityz
    triinityz Posts: 146 Member
    Options
    I love taco bell because their beans are vegetarian so when I want to mess up my normally low carb diet I get a bean burritto.
  • drop_it_like_a_squat
    drop_it_like_a_squat Posts: 377 Member
    Options
    Subway: Whole wheat bread, turkey, green salad, tomatoes & lettuce. Yogurt dressing if you're willing to ignore sugar. No cheese.
  • JosieRawr
    JosieRawr Posts: 788 Member
    Options
    Something with some kinda meat +bacon.... I don't really care if it has a bun or not... If I eat out, I'm going to enjoy it.

Cici's is evil though... I go about 1200+ each time I eat there, but I balance it.
  • perfekta
    perfekta Posts: 331 Member
    Options
    funny-taco-bell.jpg
  • WendyTerry420
    WendyTerry420 Posts: 13,274 Member
    Options
    Taco Bell is one of the few fast food places that I will actually eat. Most of them, like McD's and BK, make me sick to my stomach after eating it. I'll take a homemade burger any day.
  • dad106
    dad106 Posts: 4,868 Member
    Options
    I just ate taco bell for the first time since college.. 3 crispy tacos and a diet pepsi. Satisfied my craving and I think I'm good for awhile.

Other then that, I don't really eat much fast food. Subway is gross but tolerable when really hungry, McDonalds/Burger KIng/Wendy's, only eat when I have a craving for it.
  • WBish3
    WBish3 Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    My fast food go to:
    Subway oven roasted chicken on wheat bread with lettuce, cucumber, green pepper, onion and light mayonnaise.
    Burger King grilled chicken sandwich (half bun) and apple slices.
  • peachfigs
    peachfigs Posts: 831 Member
    Options
    I usually stick with Subway and then work my calories around it.
  • songbyrdsweet
    songbyrdsweet Posts: 5,691 Member
    Options
    I tried a Wendy's Flatbread Grilled Chicken sandwich with no bacon and it was really tasty.
  • WendyTerry420
    WendyTerry420 Posts: 13,274 Member
    Options
    I tried a Wendy's Flatbread Grilled Chicken sandwich with no bacon and it was really tasty.

No bacon? That's too bad.
  • FUELERDUDE
    FUELERDUDE Posts: 150 Member
    Options
    I really don't like Taco Bell all too much, but I do still go to fast food joints.

For Tex-Mex, I prefer Chipotles. If it's a rest day, I'll make 2 meals out of a chicken fajita burrito with the cheese and sour cream (thank you!) burrito (I'll eat the whole thing if it isn't a rest day). Once in a while I'll go for a burrito bowl instead.

I love going to Dairy Queen, but this is normally reserved for those days where I have ate a lighter lunch and have done a lot of cardio (1,000 calorie burn). I have given up my favorite large turtle pecan cluster blizzard for the medium Banana Split Blizzard or a small/medium cone.

I really do enjoy the apple pecan chicken salad from Wendys. I use half of the vinaigrette dressing (Not due to calories, I just don't like a lot of sauce on my food.). A full size is only 400 cals. and a half is around 220.

I like subway as well. I will get a breakfast sandwich (ham or steak) with cheese, egg whites, green peppers, onions, tomatoes, and spinach on Honey Oat. For lunch, it'll normally be a Footlong Ham, provolone, spinach, lettuce, tomato, onions, pickles, and black olives on Honey Oat. I forgo any of the mustard or mayo or any other sauces.

I like Papa Murphys' Papas Favorite. This is always a test of my will. I will cut the pizza into 12 slices and restrain myself in only eating 3 of them. I can eat a whole large at one time, but that is how I got where I was.

Of great note, though, is that I try to make sure what I eat for the day is going to fit into the calories I have available. I treat it like my checking account............."Can't have the blizzard today because the funds just aren't in the account.....or.... I'm going to pay the pizza bill later, so lunch will be a small strawberry shredder from Smoothie King."