So so close but it's all good

Options
cayman07
cayman07 Posts: 77 Member
Lost some more weight and after some nice stuff this week I manage intake around that and a stupidly busy week,  just 1.2kg/2.6455lb to go now, I've lost 15.4% of my original weight never though I could, never thought I would, utterly staggered in what I've achieved since the 16th July 2012.

I started MFP 30/8/2012 nearly 100 days ago, I knew i needed to lose weight in July but a doctor trip in August gave additional drive to nail this as traditionally my weight loss has been a total YoYo right now is the most consistent and sustained weight loss of my life time!

When I hit my goal I may do a little highs and lows it ain't easy but it is doable, good luck all.

Replies

• Daysednconfused
    Daysednconfused Posts: 975 Member
    Options
    Congratulations and continued success!
  • acogg
    acogg Posts: 1,870 Member
    Options
    Awesome, awesome, awesome! You and I started about the same time. I didn't record the date, but it was mid-July. Congrats on your achievement. It is nice to get to the point in weight loss that you can just keep an eye on it and know that if you go up a little, a week or two of cutting back is all it will take to get back to where you should be. :smile:
  • cayman07
    Options
    Thanks, yes some trepidation on heading to maintaining weight but a good place to be and a new challenge in doing so :)
  • cayman07
    Options
    So today I have reached and gone through my ultimate target, need to consider if I want to lose a little more or maintain, I am very pleased to reach this before Xmas I have managed to go 0.5kg under target, this will give some flexibility of Xmas, in total I have lost 30lbs/13.5kg, 17.6% of my original weight, all since July 15th 2012.

Really happy today, as a YoYo dieter of old for me this is a massive personal achievement.
  • msbunnie68
    msbunnie68 Posts: 1,894 Member
    Options
    So today I have reached and gone through my ultimate target, need to consider if I want to lose a little more or maintain, I am very pleased to reach this before Xmas I have managed to go 0.5kg under target, this will give some flexibility of Xmas, in total I have lost 30lbs/13.5kg, 17.6% of my original weight, all since July 15th 2012.

Really happy today, as a YoYo dieter of old for me this is a massive personal achievement.

Welcome to maintenance :)

If you are unsure if you want to maintain or lose, then slowly start upping your calories by 100 per week/fortnight until you start to maintain naturally. You will probably still lose a little on the way there and it will help you decide whether you want to keep it that way.

Congrats.
  • cayman07
    Options
    Thanks for the advice, I shall try that approach.
  • sijomial
    sijomial Posts: 19,811 Member
    Options
    Good on you, you should be proud of yourself.
    I'm 2lbs off my target and can't wait for my ticker to show 0 lbs to go.
  • cayman07
    Options
    I've just updated my target to 1kg below then I can have contingency :smile:
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!