anyone else in here doing if(intermitted fasting).

Options
2»

Replies

• bfitgirl
    bfitgirl Posts: 138 Member
    Options
    I did IF leangains 16/8 for a few months lost a good bit initially, i get measured with biosignature method, (callipers on different sites of the body) I lost on all body fat sites except one, it was the supra site which can show insulin sensitivity, my trainer noted that my eating must be sporadic (didn't tell him I was doing IF) so this was v interesting to me.

Have to say I did enjoy not having to eat all day at certain times and it has taught me that I'm not going to die/lose muscle/lower my IQ without food for a day!!!! Although I still was slightly preoccupied about food, as in what nice big feed I was planning for later and also the macro breakdown, juggling carb v fat days!

So for the moment, as I've a goal I wanta reach in 16 days, I've decided to add in a small breakfast again, lower by carb intake and moderate my protein, now this fat site is moving in the downward direction, but it could be because I'm being more strict. A typical day now I would eat at 8am finish 7pm so it's not too bad but I obviously don't get the total regenerating effects of a true fast does. When I reach my goal I may well go back to 16/8 for the convenience it gives me but think I'll set my own macros...
  • littlebutnice
    littlebutnice Posts: 83 Member
    Options
    on my second week of the 5:2 diet x
  • skiersteve12345
    skiersteve12345 Posts: 89 Member
    Options
    i love it, food tastes so much better when your not eating from the second you wake up, and also makes counting calories easier, never again will i go back to small frequent meals and also helps stay fuller which sounds weird since your aren't eating for most of the day
  • littlebutnice
    littlebutnice Posts: 83 Member
    Options
    n my non fast days i try to stick to around 1500 calories, as I no if i didnt track I would just binge. However i eat whatever I like, let it be crisp chocolate as long as i count it in. Does this sound ok?
  • sheenakav
    sheenakav Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I have been doing the 18/6 intermittent fasting and the fat is just falling off. Im still eating the same ammount of calories I normally would but just in a 6 hour window. I'm kind of new to mfp. I used it for two weeks a while back and starting to use it again today. In just three days I've lost 5lbs and I'm very happy . just to note I wasnt eating very healthy leading up to 3 days ago :-/
  • ANDRE_DOE
    ANDRE_DOE Posts: 113 Member
    Options
    I've been IF'ing for about 3 months with the fat just melting off me as I sleep. I would like to get feedback from others that have been doing it as well
  • JayVarys
    JayVarys Posts: 37
    Options
    Tomorrow will make it a week that I've been doing IF and so far I feel great. I'm happy to read that it's working for everyone. Make sure to add me I'd like to have a couple IF friends on my list.
  • bradycarlucci
    Options
    Ive been doing (2) 24 hour fasts a week and going 15-9 on my non fast days.
    Im consistantly loseing around 2 lbs a week. Feal alot better with my workouts as well.
  • snowoman17
    snowoman17 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I recently started IF……adjusting to a different mindset and food…any suggestions would be appreciated.
  • ccrdragon
    ccrdragon Posts: 3,370 Member
    Options
    The thread you replied to is 10 years old... you would probably get more responses if you simply started a new thread.