Finally on board

Options
Hi. I have just started my journey to correct a life time of neglect. I am 47 and am at the heaviest I have ever been. When I start this change about a month ago I was at 315. I am now right at 300. There are several reasons why I started to do this now, but I think the most important one is to support my wife who has also finally gotten serious about taking care of herself. I am not rich and can not afford the cost of a gym membership and to be honest I did not find it helpful when I had one many years ago. So what am I doing besides logging everything I eat on MFP? Well I have some low impact fitness videos from the 80s that I have been doing, we bought an elliptical and when the weather permits I am walking around the neighborhood. That is the activity I enjoy the most.

A little about me: I enjoy camping, live music, ham radio and cooking (this did not help my weight problem). I live near the IL/WI border between Chicago and Milwaukee.

I am looking for friends who are on the same journey as I am just for a little moral and emotional support.

31265638.png
Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Weight Loss Tools