Bloating and Metabolism Shift????

Options
I have noticed I am waking up in the morning more swollen and bloated than usual. I am curious if anyone has recommendations for foods or practices that will help combat this. I have a hard time finding what would be best for breakfast because when I feel bloated, the last thing I want to do is eat. But, I completely understand the importance of not missing a meal. This morning I made a smoothie with fruit, water, protein powder and added some flax seed to it. A lot of mornings I will eat egg whites. I just turned 39 this year and noticed weight loss is not as easy as it use to be and everything I put in my mouth has an effect on my body.

Replies

• NJL13500
    NJL13500 Posts: 433 Member
    Options
    I just went through this last week. I found that while I was tracking everything that I ate over the Thanksgiving holiday, it had much more sodium than I should have. My scale actually went up 4 pounds. My engagement ring usually spins around because it is on the big side for me and it was tight!

I drank water and stuck to the program. I usually have a Luna bar or egg beater omelet for breakfast. Sometimes on the weekend a banana, strawberry and greek yogurt smoothie. (I'm on a time crunch during the week).

I'm 42 and I can feel you on the slow progress feeling. Just know that if you stay on track it will pass. I finally flushed everything out with water and slightly more intense exercise for the past week. Today I'm back down the weight I gained plus another pound.

Good luck!
  • shari6028
    shari6028 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Thank you NJL13500. I have to admit my water intake could be better lately so hat could very well be my downfall. Exercise has never been my issue. Late night eating is another issue of mine. Trying to fix all that :) I really appreciate your response. BTW.. congrats on an engagement!