what's your worst eating situation?

Options
I think I just experienced mine last night. A buffet, I can handle (go through the line once, tiny portions, lots of veg). I can do okay with a menu (find stuff that is grilled, no creamy sauce, lots of veg, don't eat the bread basket), but give me a reception with hors d'oeuvres or a tapas meal and I'm sunk.

Last night, it was a friend's going away party, and a pre-set tapas menu. No food arrived for at least an hour after we got there, so everyone had the feeding frenzy mentality, then this started arriving and kept arriving and arriving:

glass of pinot grigio
sausages
anti-pasto, prosciutto, salami, mozzarella, red peppers, olives
hummus with chips
goat cheese with chips
guacamole with salsa, and goat cheese spread and chips
salad

this is where I should have stopped

palm hearts with pork on top in sauce
squid in ink
mashed potatos
slices of steak
pork spare ribs
coq au vin
french fries
cheese croquettes
more spare ribs
more steak
more mashed potatos
more french fries

and finally cake.

I'm sure there's stuff I forgot but I ate more than at Thanksgiving dinner.

Anyone else have a nightmare meal to share?

Replies

• kcoftx
    kcoftx Posts: 765 Member
    Options
    At the moment I'm an angry momma bear (someone isn't being nice to her cubs) so I'm trying not to stuff my face. I used to be horrible about sitting through a bag of chocolate (literally). I made a conscious effort to change that. Now that you recognize your style, you can make a new plan. Yesterday can still reap rewards if you learn from it. My advice, from now on tell yourself you can only have 1 plate--period. After that, do not go back. You are not allowed.
  • dcglobalgirl
    dcglobalgirl Posts: 207 Member
    Options
    I know! But they kept bringing it to the table!! So, after I took my little bit, it would sit there looking at me until I ate some more!

Bad food!! Bad!!
  • Chief_Rocka
    Chief_Rocka Posts: 4,710 Member
    Options
    One time, I ran out of food

:sad:
  • dcglobalgirl
    Options
    wah, wah, wah. :yawn:
  • deep220
    deep220 Posts: 52 Member
    Options
    LOL that just wasn't fair... I don't know anyone with will power that could take on all of that. Totally not your fault... Bill your friend for a personal trainer session.
  • yoovie
    yoovie Posts: 17,121 Member
    Options
    holy...
  • auroranflash
    auroranflash Posts: 3,569 Member
    Options
    holy...

...hannah!
  • BritneysStuntDouble
    Options
    Tapas?

**** YEAH! :love: :drinker:
  • nikinyx6
    nikinyx6 Posts: 772 Member
    Options
    Tomorrow is our company Christmas party...all you can eat Turkey diner buffet...could get interesting
  • ubermensch13
    ubermensch13 Posts: 824 Member
    Options
    I think I just experienced mine last night. A buffet, I can handle (go through the line once, tiny portions, lots of veg). I can do okay with a menu (find stuff that is grilled, no creamy sauce, lots of veg, don't eat the bread basket), but give me a reception with hors d'oeuvres or a tapas meal and I'm sunk.

Last night, it was a friend's going away party, and a pre-set tapas menu. No food arrived for at least an hour after we got there, so everyone had the feeding frenzy mentality, then this started arriving and kept arriving and arriving:

glass of pinot grigio
    sausages
    anti-pasto, prosciutto, salami, mozzarella, red peppers, olives
    hummus with chips
    goat cheese with chips
    guacamole with salsa, and goat cheese spread and chips
    salad

this is where I should have stopped

palm hearts with pork on top in sauce
    squid in ink
    mashed potatos
    slices of steak
    pork spare ribs
    coq au vin
    french fries
    cheese croquettes
    more spare ribs
    more steak
    more mashed potatos
    more french fries

and finally cake.

I'm sure there's stuff I forgot but I ate more than at Thanksgiving dinner.

Anyone else have a nightmare meal to share?

That doesn't sound like a nightmare...that sounds DELICIOUS! Sign me up!
  • metacognition
    metacognition Posts: 626 Member
    Options
    The worst eating situation for me is going on a trip and knowing that we will not be able to eat every couple of hours, so I end up trying to control my calories at a big dinner meal in a restaurant. Nearly impossible and the portions are huge. I hate not eating for a few hours after a large meal. If I don't spread my calories out over the day, I will overdo it AND be hungry half the time.
  • myofibril
    myofibril Posts: 4,500 Member
    Options
    I know! But they kept bringing it to the table!! So, after I took my little bit, it would sit there looking at me until I ate some more!

Bad food!! Bad!!

Was it delicious? If so, it was probably worth it.

If the food was nasty and I ate it then I would probably cry.

Having said that, that is the weirdest tapas menu I have ever seen. Where are the patatas bravas and croquetas de jamon?
  • dcglobalgirl
    Options

Bad food!! Bad!!

Was it delicious? If so, it was probably worth it.

If the food was nasty and I ate it then I would probably cry.

Having said that, that is the weirdest tapas menu I have ever seen. Where are the patatas bravas and croquetas de jamon?

I know. We're in Colombia, though, so that might explain it.

And everything except the coq au vin was scrumptious!! :love:
  • yasavi
    yasavi Posts: 30
    Options
    My worst was eating situation was when I gulped down two large jack-in-the-box bacon ultimate cheeseburger meals in one day... totaling 4200+ calories, which is way beyond my needs. Plus I was never active on that day and I never burned off the extra 2100 something calories. I felt so horrible the next day... bloated and lethargic. ><
  • megleo818
    megleo818 Posts: 595 Member
    Options
    I find I can handle most any situation as long as I stay away from the alcohol. Once I have a drink, though, all bets are off! :drinker: