Fast Breakfast ideas

Options
sjanes9
sjanes9 Posts: 19 Member
I have to be at work at 5 A.M.. Because of the early time, I would like to find some easy, possibly pre-made, breakfast ideas. Any thoughts?

Replies

• LB2LL
    LB2LL Posts: 240 Member
    Options
    Not sure if you like oatmeal but this is easy because you prep it the night before:

http://www.skinnytaste.com/2012/06/skinny-overnight-oats-in-jar.html

OR

Check out that blog's whole breakfast site. There are a lot of options that you can pre-make at the start of the week that you are then able to have on the go throughout the week.

http://www.skinnytaste.com/search/label/Breakfast Recipes
  • Joanitude
    Joanitude Posts: 171 Member
    Options
    Just saw this in my email this morning - http://www.cookinglight.com/eating-smart/smart-choices/healthy-fast-food-breakfasts-00412000067619/page13.html

Even if fast food isn't your thing, it has some ideas.

I make my own: prepackaged oatmeal. egg/muffin sandwich, and mini quiches (in a muffin tin) The last two freeze well, and get reheated in the microwave.
  • jess1992uga
    jess1992uga Posts: 603 Member
    Options
    You can always do PB and banana on toast, really quick,

Or b-fast wraps made night before with egg whites.

Also, I know a lot of people like something called overnight oats.

I'm a college student and have the same problem, but what's faster than cereal and milk haha. I go with Kashi Go Lean Original and skim milk. Side of english muffin, PB2, almonds, and prunes. Sooo good.
    If you need to carry the cereal with you, you could always pack the cereal with some yogurt.

Also, Van's makes a lite waffle and you could pop that in your toaster add some pre-made egg whites or peanut butter and make a kind of sandwich.

If you have to resort to it there is always the PowerBar/Clif Bar/ Larabar idea as well :)
  • Jaulen
    Jaulen Posts: 468 Member
    Options
    I like overnight oats, quiches that I make on the weekend then slice and freeze, breakfast burritos (make a big batch and freeze), toast with peanutbutter and banana and milk, cup of yogurt and homemade granola, baked french toast cut into servings and frozen..

These breakfast things....don't know what to call them...
    Take a muffin tin and spray with nonstick spray
    Take a tortilla and cut into 8 wedges
    Two wedges per muffin cup wrapped around the sides
    Sprinkle some cooked breakfast sausage or bacin in bottom
    Crack in one egg or two egg whites into each cup
    Sprinkle on some cheese (sauteed veggies also very tasty in this)
    Bake at 350 until egg is done.
    We freeze and reheat, then serve with green salsa and a dollop of sour cream
  • tripodsmom
    tripodsmom Posts: 95 Member
    Options
    serving of oatmeal uncooked
    1 egg or egg whites
    serving of berries or fruit of any kind
    maybe some yogurt if ya like
    mix, pop in the microwave in a coffee cup or bowl, heat to the desired constistancy between 1 or 2 minutes, eat

whole wheat wrap
    1 egg
    cheese
    tomatoe, pepper, salsa, peice of sliced turkey whatever you like
    layer all on the wrap
    microwave a 1 to 2 minutes to cook the egg
    eat, or place wrap on a peice of waxed paper before microwaving ,and after microwaving wrap it up and go, or put in the fridge for the next day to reheat or eat it cold . just make sure you egg is done
  • justjenny
    justjenny Posts: 529 Member
    Options
    I am sure they are not the best sodium wise, but when in a hurry, I grab a Smart Ones English Muffin Sandwich. It's only 210 calories, so I add a banana or a yogurt to breakfast, but in a pinch it satisfies.
  • msaestein1
    msaestein1 Posts: 264 Member
    Options
    I like Jimmy Dean precooked turkey sausages on a Multigrain english mufffin. It;s only about 200 calories and the sausages are done in 45 seconds. I eat them while driving.
  • Allison714
    Allison714 Posts: 77 Member
    Options
    bump
  • poesch77
    poesch77 Posts: 1,005 Member
    Options
    My 7 yr old is putzy and always needs breakfast in the morning...so on the go ideas:

Whole Wheat waffle w/ Tb Peanut Butter on it with 1/2 banana

Granola in with a 6 oz container of yogurt

Yes....those mini quiches are easy and can be frozen

Vitamuffins

Granola bar with fruit

String cheese and fruit
  • ahviendha
    ahviendha Posts: 1,291 Member
    Options
    I used to make "clean egg muffins".

I'd make a big batch on Sunday, eat them throughout the week. Eggs, as many veggies as possible (mushrooms, peppers, tomatoes, basil, whatever) a bit of milk and pour into lined muffin trays. Bake 20ish minutes till set, but still jiggly. I would always microwave mine later so I'd undercook them a smidge so they're not dry when reheated.

I'd eat 3-4 sometimes for breakfast. Very easy to eat with the liners on them, easy to pack.
  • dcdemocrat34
    Options
    I do a nutri bullet with spinach, whey protein, blueberries, flax, greek yogurt and almond milk.
    Super filling!
  • Four_Leaf_Clover
    Four_Leaf_Clover Posts: 332 Member
    Options
    When I don't have time to cook something, I enjoy a protein shake (whey powder, fruit, milk), or a bar - Think Thin are very filling (high in protein and gluten/sugar free) and South Beach Protein Fit peanut butter cereal bars are decent (9 grams of protein) - add some fruit or a greek yogurt if you like for more calories.

If you can reheat - definitely try some egg white muffins - basically egg whites, meat/veggie/cheese of choice baked in muffin tins. If you slightly undercook them, they reheat great in a microwave. You can also make your own Jimmy Dean type sandwiches.
  • Ta2dchic20
    Ta2dchic20 Posts: 376 Member
    Options
    I cook up some 5 minute grits, stir in some cheese, put an easy over egg on top, then sprinkle with sriracha!
  • TrailRunner61
    TrailRunner61 Posts: 2,505 Member
    Options
    I agree with the others,, refrigerator oatmeal is the best and the combinations of flavors is unlimited! Mix it in a jar, put it in the frig and its ready to eat in the morning. I think skinnytaste is where I got my recipes too.
  • Four_Leaf_Clover
    Four_Leaf_Clover Posts: 332 Member
    Options
    I cook up some 5 minute grits, stir in some cheese, put an easy over egg on top, then sprinkle with sriracha!

OMG that sounds delightful!
  • amberiam
    amberiam Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    Bump!
  • marinegirl92
    marinegirl92 Posts: 184 Member
    Options
    Egg, morning star farms (sausage patty) and piece of bread! About 300 calories - can be done night before and nuked in AM. ~ 270 calories
  • BlairCottier
    BlairCottier Posts: 171 Member
    Options
    bump
  • rmhand
    rmhand Posts: 1,067 Member
    Options
    Pre-make something the night before. Or prep a whole bunch for the week when you get time. No need to buy something frozen.
  • jkmiller82
    jkmiller82 Posts: 214 Member
    Options
    I prefer easy to make breakfasts, because I never have the motivation in the morning.

This morning I had 12 red seedless grapes and an english muffin with 2 tbls of Target's Archers Farm bacon Parmesan spread on it.
    214 calories

Sometimes I have activia light vanilla yogurt mixed with 2 tbls chocolate PB2 and mix in 2 tbls Bare Naked fit Granola and a handful of raspberries
    223 calories

If I don't even feel like measuring I keep a couple Jimmy Deans Delites breakfast bowls in the freezer.
    240 calories

Just a few ideas. :)