Runner with foot pain looking for input.

Options
emtjmac
emtjmac Posts: 1,320 Member
Hey there! I've been running for about 3.5 months and my weekly mileage is 20+ with my short run being 3.1 and my long being 6+. The last few runs I've developed pain in the large joint that forms the base of my big toe on my left foot. It doesn't hurt when I run and the toe is not rigid or obviously swollen but it may be a little. It's not a serious pain, more annoying than anything else but it's there and I notice it when I walk. Anyone else ever experience this? I'm not planning on seeing a doctor about it unless it persists for a while or gets noticeably worse. Thanks for your time guys!

Replies

• sandgrass
    sandgrass Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    Tendonitis (turf toe)----stress fracture are the first things that come to mind that it could be.

A doctor is probably the only way you will figure it out. You need to know if you just need a few days rest to get rid of it or if it is no big deal. If you take the chance to wait to see if it gets worse---it could get a lot worse real fast and keep you from running for weeks.

Good luck.
  • emtjmac
    emtjmac Posts: 1,320 Member
    Options
    Thanks, I have increased my mileage a lot and I'm sprinting to exhaustion at the end of some of my runs so I probably injured it. We'll see how it goes.