The Candy Office!

Options
My company has two offices in the same strip center and in one of them they have never ending candy. We're talking twix, milky way, peanut mms, hersheys, kit kats, skittles, starburst, ... you name it they have it! It is litterally refilled everyday. I used to work in the other office that did not have candy and everytime I would walk over for something I'd sneak an M&M or a mini twix, not a huge deal, I'd just add the calories in with my food everyday. Well they decided to move my office to "The Candy Office" and I had this fear I wouldn't be able to stop eating candy. Yesterday was my first day and I had a handful of M&Ms and a mini twix. I said today I WOULD NOT touch that candy bowl and I swear I ate like 8 or 10 pieces!! I need some advice on what I can do to help. I keep gum and water at my desk but that did not work today.

Any suggestions?

Also, I still want to stay in my calorie goal, so IDK if I should just skip dinner b/c of my candy gorge today, or just log it all and move and have dinner.

Replies

• junipuni
    junipuni Posts: 264 Member
    Options
    Ugh, I hate that! My work is like that too. Well, it's not always filled but when it is, it's alway some kind of yummy chocolate. I don't know what to tell you, it's still hard for me. But I carry my water bottle with me all the time and try to drink that instead. Or if I go to get a chocolate I tell myself I have to get one of my snacks instead - which are always healthy. Best thing for me is to just limit my exposure to the candy! It's so hard!

I would still eat a good dinner, log what you had, exercise more if you can and just move on!
  • angelface12004
    Options
    you can get those 100 cal packages of chocolate covered pretzels, or chips, also i buy those sugarfree candy by kerr and there is other sugarfree ones too but i can't remember the name right now, also russell stover has low cal and low sugar chocolate, i have never tasted them but have seen them in the stores. Another thing i have in my cupboard is preventia bars, you can find them where you buy granola bars, they have dark chocolate on the bottom and are really good, you can get them in two flavors. :smile:
  • youngs
    youngs Posts: 250 Member
    Options
    I think that you just need to log it and still have your dinner..That is where you are going to get the best food for you and to get your proper nutricians that your body needs...I would say to maybe keep some little boxs of raisins, sliced apples, grapes or even like 100 calorie packs around or make your own healthy snack packs.and if you think you need candy just grab your fruit or whatever you brought and stay away from the candy shop..Good Luck!!
  • chefcc
    chefcc Posts: 143
    Options
    I know how hard it is to resist the candy. M&M peanuts are my all time weakness. Everytime I say I'm not going to do something that exactly what I end up doing. My willpower is not real strong. When you get the urge to grab a piece of candy grab your water instead and take a break or go for a short walk.

Chris
  • ClassiC
    ClassiC Posts: 259 Member
    Options
    you can buy your own lower calorie versions of the candy (if you must have them:happy: ) sometimes i overindulge on werther's original or fruity mentos but its alot better than having the chocolate bar my soul really wants. lol :bigsmile: try that... and the suggestions before are great too! 100 calorie packs rule!! they even have reeses sticks now!! sooooooo good! and just enough to satisfy w/o the guilt:drinker:

good luck:wink:
  • FitChickBritt
    FitChickBritt Posts: 161 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the ideas everyone!:happy: