Stubborn Fat say Goodbye

Options
It's time to prove that any one can say goodbye to their stubborn fat. For you men; it's that tire hanging around the middle, for ladies; it 's that excess on the hips, thighs, and butt (at least it is for me, some it's the belly). I've been successful at losing 40lbs so far and my husband has lost 70lbs. So not only do we want to work with you at getting the stubborn fat gone, but to share what has worked for us so far. Please don't hesitate to voice your concerns and questions.
Today's hint: visualization...picture yourself at your goal weight or body fat percentage. Find a picture of someone that matches that thought and post it on a mirror that you look at freguently. You will meet that goal!

Replies

• bjs06
    bjs06 Posts: 316 Member
    Options
    For me it's my stomach, arms, and at the top of my inner thighs, ugh, such a racket. But I will lose it someday. I've been working really hard at the gym, I havn't seen any changes in my body yet, but i know I will soon! Thanks for the motivation and congratulations on yours and your husbands weight loss. Wow! Great job! Keep it up!
  • nettiemacd
    nettiemacd Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    We have found that in tackling that stubborn fat it is 80-90% nutrition and 20-10% exercise. How long have you been working out and the gym? If your food log is accessible we will take alook if you wish. What times are you eating at?
  • Taradise
    Taradise Posts: 302 Member
    Options
    nettiemacd - your arms look fantastic!!! A lot of hard work must have gone into them.
  • nettiemacd
    Options
    My husband was correct when he said that women need to life as heavy as men. I was somewhat afraid that I would bulk up but instead my muscles look great and full. At my age I am more than satisfied with the change my body has made.
  • nettiemacd
    Options
    Carb cycling is probably one of the greatest tools a woman can use to burn off that unwanted body fat. The trick to this is a 3 day - 1 day split. 3 days of low carbs and 1 day of maintenance level carbs. On the low days take in the majority of your carbs early morning and stop any form of starchy carbs about noon. On the maintenance day you can add a little more carbs to your diet but be careful not to go overboard with it. You don't want to destroy what you've worked so hard for the first three days. 3 day low carbs I take in approximately 50-70 grams max carbs. On the high days I take in approximately 120-150 max carbs. Give this a try and I can almost guarantee you will be please with the results.
  • Taradise
    Taradise Posts: 302 Member
    Options
    I've never heard of Carb cycling. Thanks for the tip. I am just recently staring to lower my carbs to see how it effects my body. I am working on the 40/30/30 ratio. So far so good, looking at different recipes online to make quick, easy dinners. Do you have any suggestions?
  • nettiemacd
    Options
    For a fantastic nutrition source that not only gives you the recipes but the grocery list to go with it is from Beachbody. That's how I lost 40 lbs. It is so successful that I became a Beachbody coach. You have access to their fitness and nutrition information through their club memebership. Go through my site and I'm assigned as your free coach! It works so well with this site. I've told all my clients about myfitnesspal! Check it out at beachbodycoach.com/macd
  • nettiemacd
    Options
    Based on your total calories consumed for today, you are eating too few calories. Not only is it difficult to receive adequate nutrition at these calorie levels, but you could also be putting your body into starvation mode. Starvation mode lowers your metabolism and makes weight loss more difficult. We suggest increasing your calorie consumption to 1,200 calories per day minimum.

This message was from my reports yesterday and my worst downfall in getting rid of that last stubborn fat. Due to the snow we had to go to town to get on the internet. Naturally, when we missed our meals we ate out. Since I had a sandwish I reverted to my bad habit of not eating enough because of "guilt", my worst enemy.

What should I have done? I should have packed my foods for the day and stayed on target with my goals. Lesson learned!
  • nettiemacd
    Options
    When's the last time you wrote yourself a love letter? Valentine's day is quickly approaching. Give yourself a Valentine's Day Card. Write in it all the things you love about yourself. Can't think of any? Then ask your friends, spouse, relatives...I'm sure you can come up with a few things! On Valentine's Day read the list out load! Post it where you can read it frequently. You will be amazed how this will change your outlook and help you stick to your goals and say goodbye to that stubborn fat.
  • nettiemacd
    Options
    "Shoot for the moon. Even if you miss it you will land among the stars." Les Brown
    Set your goals high, write them down, give them a specific time frame, keep them with you and read them several times a day. What your mind wants you can achieve if you desire it enough.
  • nettiemacd
    Options
    It doesn't make any difference whether what you face is something that affects your work, your personal relationships, your sense of security, your appraisal of self-worth, or your appearance--the way you think about your situation largely determines whether you will do anything about it and what you will do. Dr. Arthur Freeman.
    So now I'll reread my goals, push play and have a great day. Enjoy yours!
  • nettiemacd
    Options
    In the central place of every heart there is a recording chamber; so long as it receives messages of beauty, hope, cheer, and courage, so long are you young. When the wires are all down and your heart is covered with the snows of pessimism and the ice of cynicism, and then only, are you grown old.
    Author: General Douglas MacArthur

It feels good to be 58 years young. Especially with the stubborn fat finally saying goodbye!