• topgals
    topgals Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    Scottish Rough Oatcakes
    Whole Almonds
  • NaomiJFoster
    NaomiJFoster Posts: 1,450 Member
    Options
    I have a small handful of flavored almonds almost every day between breakfast and lunch. I keep them at work with me. Emeral and Blue Diamond brands make all sorts of different flavors.... cocoa, cinnamon, smokehouse, buttered toffee, chili-lime, etc. They are filled with protein and fiber, so they fill you up a bit and give you lots of energy. And the flavors satisfy those 'cravings' for sweet or salty. They also help control cholesterol, which is a great bonus!

I also have a glass of 1% milk between lunch and dinner. Again...protein for energy. Milk solids fill your tummy. And calcium and vitamin D, which I need. And dairy helps you process carbs better so they don't stick around in your body. (Sometimes I'll add Ovaltine to my milk, tee hee!).
  • Graceious1
    Graceious1 Posts: 716 Member
    Options
    Dried fruit, pistachios, almonds, cashews, flapjacks work for me.
  • skinnyforhi
    skinnyforhi Posts: 340 Member
    Options
    1/4 cup of trail mix. My fave is almonds, peanuts, cashews, raisins, and M&Ms. Love the salty sweet flavors.
  • RitaSantoss
    RitaSantoss Posts: 986 Member
    Options
    For example I just ate a large banana sliced up into a bowl with Danone's raspberry, blackberry, strawberry and blueberry greek yogurt poured on top, added a tablespoon of honey for the added sweetness and 2 tablespoons of chopped up almonds sprinkled on top. Along with it I drank Lipton's Forest Fruit tea with a hint of low fat milk and brown sugar. It was so yummy and filling!