I lost 1lb in two days of just eating 1200 calories?

Options
2»

Replies

• Mattsmith760
    Options
    Great Job!!!! If my fitness pal says you should only have 1200 calories and that what your doing, then yes that is better than Okay, keep up the great work.
  • jofjltncb6
    jofjltncb6 Posts: 34,415 Member
    Options
    A woman's body weight can fluctuate between 1/2-5 pounds per day depending on water. Only weigh once per week.

How does weighing weekly eliminate the 1/2-5 pound fluctuation between days?
  • drmerc
    drmerc Posts: 2,603 Member
    Options
    At this rate you'll reach your goals in no time! Awesome work. Ignore the haters :flowerforyou:
  • DontStopB_Leakin
    DontStopB_Leakin Posts: 3,863 Member
    Options
    A woman's body weight can fluctuate between 1/2-5 pounds per day depending on water. Only weigh once per week.
    Not exclusive to women, brah.

And I fail to see how weighing once a week eliminates this fluctuation.
  • sijomial
    sijomial Posts: 19,811 Member
    Options
    By the way there is nothing wrong in weighing yourself every day as long as you just treat the numbers as data rather than react with either a surge of optimism when it drops or a plunge into despair when you have a temporary gain.
    Do what suits you.
  • RachelSRoach1
    RachelSRoach1 Posts: 435 Member
    Options
    If you really want a good example of how much weight fluctuates... try weighing yourself once every five or so hours for one day... if it is anything like mine you can be a pound lower from the previous day in the morning, then 4 pounds higher in the evening.
  • helenoftroy1
    helenoftroy1 Posts: 638 Member
    Options
    it's fine, do not worry, if you have just started and it's 1lb in two days, with a deficit it's probably like some said water weight. It's great motivation to keep going, so treat it like that. Do not panic, it's only a couple of days. It's not like you have lost 30lbs in 2 weeks and you're not going to lose muscle mass from 2 days of dieting.

Well done and keep at it.
    :smile: :flowerforyou:
  • gmr4alex
    Options
    Exactly!
  • _Bob_
    _Bob_ Posts: 1,487 Member
    Options
    What! no exercise!

tumblr_lq3yk3b8yO1qlufb3o1_500.gif
  • cmcollins001
    cmcollins001 Posts: 3,472 Member
    Options
    If you don't want to have any muscle...then it's fine, you'll look like a stick. It's best to plan for about 1-2 pounds a week...I'm in the military and have done more than that (lost 20lbs in 3 weeks) but I was doing about 2 hours of cardio with some weight training in there. I weigh myself almost everyday to stay on track, my body has a tendency to store fat very easily because I like distance running and I easily force myself into "starvation mode". It's ultimately up to you but 1200 cals is very low, did you put your height and weight into a BMI calc? There are calculators online that will tell you about how many calories you should be eating...do the calc's and then decide if it's just right or go a little above or below depending on how you feel. Don't avoid carbs, fats, proteins, etc. Just eat small portions (shoot for ~300 cals or less a meal) this will shrink your stomach and you will feel fuller faster. Drink lots and lots of water (at least the recommended 8 cups) I find it hard to drink water...so in the morning I start with a huge glass of tea with skim milk and splenda. I've been fighting with my weight for close to 4 years and i'm just starting to win the battle :) good luck to you!

I weigh myself almost everyday to stay on track, my body has a tendency to store fat very easily because I like distance running and I easily force myself into "starvation mode". Huh?? What does this even mean?????? You're body stores fat because you're starving because you like to run? So, distance runners are fat and starving, according to this sentence. I'm confused.
  • EatClean_WashUrNuts
    EatClean_WashUrNuts Posts: 1,590 Member
    Options
    I lost it by dropping a deuce.
  • Countryboy_
    Options
    I weigh myself every even hour, on the hour. Thats twelve times a day. I add all the totals up for a week, then divide by 84 to get an average weekly weight. Thereby, I avoid the fluctutation.
  • cmcollins001
    Options
    I weigh myself every even hour, on the hour. Thats twelve times a day. I add all the totals up for a week, then divide by 84 to get an average weekly weight. Thereby, I avoid the fluctutation.

What planet you live on where you only have 12 hour days?
  • Countryboy_
    Options

every EVEN hour....

2, 4, 6, and so on.

Duh!
  • cmcollins001
    Options

every EVEN hour....

2, 4, 6, and so on.

Duh!

Apologies...didn't catch that part.

However, doesn't that make any regular sleeping schedule difficult?
  • Countryboy_
    Options

every EVEN hour....

2, 4, 6, and so on.

Duh!

Apologies...didn't catch that part.

However, doesn't that make any regular sleeping schedule difficult?

Naw, I am up every few minutes to pee cause of the 6 gallons of water a day I drink. Water washes away fat cells, ya know????