Lupus(sle) Fibro, Steroids(prednisolone)

Options
Hi anyone else trying to loose weight due to the effects that long term prednisolone can cause?
Would love ot hear how you have managed as dispite always watching what I eat , (and probably being under calorie count per day) due to being able to not exercise, I'm finding it a really slow slow slog ( 14lbs in 18months)

Look forward to hearing from anyone. I'm in the UK but not bothered where people are from , would just like to hear from peeps in similar situation :smile:

Replies

• spoonielass
    spoonielass Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    things have now gone totally belly up as prednisolone increased, so now back to square one of 2 years ago :( still only eating about 1250 cals per day too..................
  • SteveJWatson
    SteveJWatson Posts: 1,225 Member
    Options
    Aw, crap - I was on that for a while pre and post my ileostomy. I hated it, made me big in the face and proper angry.

Maybe excercise will help the rage?
  • salsagal36
    salsagal36 Posts: 91 Member
    Options
    I was on high doses of prednisolone for years and always struggled to lose weight. I still struggle but I've lost 30lbs in the last year. I've not lost any weight in the last 4 months but I've starting lifting weights and I've shrunk 2 dress sizes. My steroid moon face is starting to go as well. It's bloody hard work and I have to rely on pictures to show me a difference because the scales upset me. I'm in the UK too.
  • tiacthompson
    Options
    I am on 8mg of Prednisolone going from 60mg, taking it for Bells palsy. I can't sleep at night and am always hungry but as soon as I have à little something I balloon out and look pregnant then feel like I have eat loads.