Have you tried GLP1 medications and found it didn't work for you? We'd like to hear about your experiences, what you tried, why it didn't work and how you're doing now. Click here to tell us your story

Doubling Up Workouts

I am growing impatient trying to "tone up" the body. I know one of the benefits of Jillian Michael's workouts is that they are short. Which is good since I couldn't keep up with Insanity and didn't quite find enough time for P90X. I love Jillian Michael's workout DVDS - currently doing 30 DS (every other day) and looking forward to Ripped in 30 when I'm through with Level 3 of 30DS. My question is - would it speed up my progress to do the short (22 minutes on 30DS or 30 min on R30) every day of the week taking maybe 1 day off or should I continue with every other day and perhaps do two workouts back-to-back (44 minutes of shred, 60 of Ripped).

Appreciate anyones comments preferably from experience.

Replies

• FitBeto
    FitBeto Posts: 2,121 Member
    You should just strength train and lift some heavy iron.
  • What's working for me is the gym 3X week, heavy lifting for 45 minutes, and then 45 minutes on the treadmill 5X week. If I don't get my workouts in, my progress stalls. I definitely think you can do more than every other day. I only take weekends off from the workouts. Increasing your time and increasing your days should help.
  • katz22
    katz22 Posts: 116 Member
    From experience I can say working out 5-6 times a week leads to becoming run-down, tired and unable to put your best into your workouts. If you have begun to use heavier weights in your workouts then you will need more rest days( I feel better working out 4 times a week, I also have a week off every 5-6 weeks). Getting the "toned" look takes a while, as you have to build a little muscle, and lose a little fat. I have been recording my workouts for about a year, and only now my boyfriend tells me he notices I have some muscle on my arms.