Hi All!!!

Options
Hi everyone! My name is Ashley, 24 years old and from Ohio. I am 5'4, 140 pounds (a lot of it in my DD's...HA...) I know I am not seriously overweight...in fact, I am at the very top of what is 'healthy' for my height. The reason I am trying to slim down is because 1. I want to be healthier 2. I want to feel more comfortable with myself and 3. I am getting married in May and want to look the best I can for the big day! I realize that I can realistically lose about 5-10 pounds before dress alterations (which needs to be 2 months out) sooo....my journey begins here, I suppose!

My biggest weakness is anything chocolate. If it is around, I have a hard time resisting, although lately I have been doing better. My problem is feeling like if I want to lose weight, I have to eat under 1000 calories a day (most days I am around 800) which is unhealthy, even though my food choices are healthy. I am hoping that by being here, I can learn to eat healthier, and, well, more, without feeling like I will gain weight. Especially since I jog 5 miles a day...

...as we speak, I have the soda cake in the oven. I am doing white cake with diet orange soda. Hope it turns out....it is smelling amazing!

:o)

Replies

• paddymc
    paddymc Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    Its been my experience that you need much more than that. 1200 at least. You might gain at first because your body will hoard what your finally giving it. After that you will start to loose. Its starving right now. Just what I have learnt and read.
  • TnTHawkins
    TnTHawkins Posts: 285 Member
    Options
    Welcome Ashley. Tracking your food will help get what you want. This site has a weatlh of friends that will support and help you on your journey.
  • Holton
    Holton Posts: 1,018
    Options
    Your calorie intake is unhealthy = don't go below 1200 a day! And if chocolate is your weakness, then allot for a piece of dark chocolate each day (if you are disciplined enough to not indulge in the whole bag - that would be my weakness). My approach has been not to forbid myself any foods, but to partake of them ONLY in a healthy manner, unlike my old self. For your health's sake, please increase your caloric intake to at least 1200, and keep eating healthy!