Have you ever...

Options
Have you ever looked back at some of the foods you used to eat? Have you ever checked out the CALORIES in that food???

For example:

Age 15-19 (My fat gaining years) I worked at Dairy Queen. Yes, Dairy Queen.

I worked there at LEAST 5 Days a week and when I wasn't working I was usually there anyway hanging out with my other friends who worked there.

I ate Dairy Queen DAILY for 5 years straight.

Here are some of my typical food choices and the calorie counts for them:

Medium Georgia Mud Fudge Blizzard: 1020 Calories.
4 Peice Chicken Strip Basket: 1030 Calories
California Burger with Onion Rings: 1090

Serious. That's what I used to EAT. EVERYDAY!!! Those were my 3 very favorite things there... and I don't get sick of food very easily so I ate them ALOT. It's sick... Think about the people who have no clue! They come in, they buy their 8 year old a blizzard and a chicken strip basket and have no idea that in the one meal, they've just fed their kid 2050 calories.

Horrible.

Replies

• ToTheLove
    ToTheLove Posts: 357
    Options
    Have you ever looked back at some of the foods you used to eat? Have you ever checked out the CALORIES in that food???

For example:

Age 15-19 (My fat gaining years) I worked at Dairy Queen. Yes, Dairy Queen.

I worked there at LEAST 5 Days a week and when I wasn't working I was usually there anyway hanging out with my other friends who worked there.

I ate Dairy Queen DAILY for 5 years straight.

Here are some of my typical food choices and the calorie counts for them:

Medium Georgia Mud Fudge Blizzard: 1020 Calories.
    4 Peice Chicken Strip Basket: 1030 Calories
    California Burger with Onion Rings: 1090

Serious. That's what I used to EAT. EVERYDAY!!! Those were my 3 very favorite things there... and I don't get sick of food very easily so I ate them ALOT. It's sick... Think about the people who have no clue! They come in, they buy their 8 year old a blizzard and a chicken strip basket and have no idea that in the one meal, they've just fed their kid 2050 calories.

Horrible.
  • auntkaren
    auntkaren Posts: 1,490 Member
    Options
    :noway: I haven't really checked mine out, but I just imagine it's even more horrifying:frown:
  • may_marie
    may_marie Posts: 667 Member
    Options
    OMG i love blizzard !!!!!!
    why do they haveeee to do that to people ! ???
  • lilmandy89
    lilmandy89 Posts: 323 Member
    Options
    I just joined this website yesterday and i looked at what i was eating just like a week ago, a net calorie intake of about 1800-2200 a day when my goal net calorie intake now is 1200.
  • yoginimary
    yoginimary Posts: 6,784 Member
    Options
    Many eons ago when I was in college I ate cheese fries at a local restaurant. I don't even want to think about it...
    and I exercised about 0% of the time
  • rem1979
    rem1979 Posts: 344 Member
    Options
    Blizzard's are my favorite. Summer is a bad time for that stuff. I know I will have a couple this summer. There is a Dairy Queen close by so I will just walk there and try to burn some calories!!! :laugh:
  • crystalicfusion
    Options
    My first job was at Mc Donalds. I worked there 6 months and gained 20lbs in the process. I couldn't imagine eating like that now. So I understand exactly what you mean
  • memaw66
    memaw66 Posts: 2,558 Member
    Options
    I didn't add up the calories and really don't want to know. But when I was in jr high our bus stop was at a convenience store. So every morning I would spend my money on a coke and snickers bar.!!!! No wonder!!!!!

Memaw
  • loman13
    loman13 Posts: 52
    Options
    In high school for lunch everyday I would eat a Suzy "Q", a bag of chips and 2 chocolate milks. I mean everyday!
  • wriglucy
    wriglucy Posts: 1,064 Member
    Options
    Wow! That's an amazing amount of calories!!! People need to wake up and learn something about nutrition, at least...how many calories they need vs how many they eat. I have a friend who has ABSOLUTELY no clue about calories and what is healthy. She is starting to diet and exercise a little bit (which is HUGE for her so I'm proud of her) but, she still has no clue what to do. I applaud her for trying, but she needs to learn some still in order for her to make it effective. Tried sending her to this site, but...she hasn't checked it out yet. But...wow...I think those calorie numbers are an eye opener to ANYONE!
    Thanks for posting! Really makes you think:)
  • elliott062907
    elliott062907 Posts: 1,508 Member
    Options
    from 16-21, pizza, chinese, burgers....

need I say more??

now when I eat it, I make it.....

I know what's in it and I love it and now, I can have more then 1 serving and still have my fav snack, peanut butter...
  • Chickiebabe151
    Options
    I worked in a restaraunt for 6 years. Within 2 months of quitting I lost 15lbs without trying. Just eating a huge lunch with fries everyday because it was free, having unlimited access to soups and breads and bar condiments such as olives, and I drank a ton of soda. It was diet, but still...I had maybe 20 a day. Now that I have to pay for everything I eat and make an effort to get it I eat a lot less and make better choices.
  • Mireille
    Mireille Posts: 5,134 Member
    Options
    I just looked up chips. I used to eat a whole big chips at least once a week and looking at the calories is making me sick. Anywhere from 2000 cals to 3000cals per bag depending on flavor and brand.
    Holy crap!!! I always knew that that a portion was alot of cals but you convience yourself that there aren't that many chips in a bag. WRONG!!
    What amazes me is how much good food I could have eaten instead. Very sad.
  • briblue72
    briblue72 Posts: 672 Member
    Options
    I gained most of my weight in college - mmm, dorm food! haha

We had a Jimmy John's, Papa John's, and Ben & Jerry's on campus........... oh and a mexican place that had amazing food and 42 oz margaritas!!

no wonder I'm here now...
  • healthychic
    healthychic Posts: 298
    Options
    OH MY GOSH!!!! that is horrible. I think that the national food society, or whoever is in charge of all our food, hahaha:laugh: should put nutrition facts on EVERYTHING. every single restraunt, fast food, even hotdogs at 711 should have nutrition facts. It would definatly help people and would expecially help the obesity rate in america. Maybe not for everyone, but I know it would at least affect parents and they would think about what they are feeding their kids and I don't know, maybe...STOP!! :tongue:

anyways, thanks for the dairy queen facts, thats crazy.

:heart: Danielle
  • hmmmm
    hmmmm Posts: 607 Member
    Options
    I worked as a manager of a fast food rest(please don't shoot me) and I remember employees mixing apple pies or chocolate pies.with the already ridicuously unhealthy shakes. I remember a girl who was stick thin got dared to eat a 4500 calorie meal and she did it easily.*I wasn't there at the time* and the one teenager who would come in at least once a day and eat about 4500 calories each time he was there and didn't care (Now that is scary)
  • ohthatbambi
    ohthatbambi Posts: 1,098 Member
    Options
    I don't even want to know b/c I know it is HORRIBLE!!
  • goodtimesdani
    Options
    I used to work at dairy queen too! every day for my break at dinner i had a cheeseburger (i asked for it extra greasy) and fries and a shake!!! or popcorn chicken and a blizzard. sooo disgusting to eat like that everyday now that i think about it