weight lifting everytime??

Options
i started going to the gym last week again after having the flu for liek 2 weeks.

i started going 5 days out of the week to the gym and incorporating lightweights w/ high reps. should i do this every time i workout or just every other?? i dont wana get big. i wana get lean.

Replies

• Alexandra888
    Options
    No. You should do it maybe every other day, so you dont strain your self. Or if you feel like you need to do it every time you work out, try doing light some days and doing a hard workout others. Or do it for a short amount of time. But good job with getting back on track. Keep up the good work. :)
  • minnesota
    minnesota Posts: 204 Member
    Options
    Well that depends what muscle groups you are lifting and how you are lifting. I lift four days a week, but I workout in muscle groups.

Mon Chest and Triceps and Abs
    Tues Back and Biceps
    Wed Legs and Abs
    Thurs Shoulders
    Fri Abs

If you are doing full body then I would say every other day of upper body and lower body.
  • nickkehagias
    Options
    Lifting weights before you do your cardio at the gym each day is a GREAT way to improve the results you get from your running/walking/etc because it burns the glycogen out of whatever muscle group you are working that day. I agree with the earlier poster that you should simply break it down to a different muscle group or two each day, but I think Shoulders and Back should be together, because the lifts used to work them can often cross over from one to the other, like chest and tris.
  • cheri03
    cheri03 Posts: 172 Member
    Options
    Every muscle group should get at least 48 hours off, more honestly. I am like pp, I am on a 4 day rotation except abs that I do every 48 hrs.