would you be offended by this gift?

Options
13»

Replies

• manderson27
    manderson27 Posts: 3,510 Member
    Options
    Just because someone is elderly doesn't mean they don't care how they look. My mum is 90 and gets really cross about facial hair, she has tried loads of things but the problem with elderly people is their skin is very thin and delicate and you need to be really careful what you use. Mum has found that waxing and facial hair removal creams were too harsh and bruised or burned her skin so she is reluctant to try anything else and just plucks but it drives her mad.

I agree though if she hasn't mentioned it I would sound her out a bit before presenting her with that kind of gift.
  • slkehl
    slkehl Posts: 3,801 Member
    Options
    what about Botox then? I could see if I could arrange one of those party thingys where they line them up and just go down the row....

Okay, I see what you're doing here. Well played. Well played.
  • SofaKingRad_
    Options
    Not at all. But I prefer cheese.
  • Skittlez_
    Options
    I am sure grandma has still got it going on, if not I bet she wants to. Get her the lazer hair removal. She doesn't want the lucky guy wheeling over to the other residents and saying how your grandma is extra hairy and embarassing your poor grandma. Old people need love to.
  • alishacupcake
    alishacupcake Posts: 419 Member
    Options
    Totally getting my grandma pole dancing lessons... I think your grandma would like that much more than laser hair removal. I really really? What are you thinking????
  • felice03
    felice03 Posts: 2,732 Member
    Options
    Totally getting my grandma pole dancing lessons... I think your grandma would like that much more than laser hair removal. I really really? What are you thinking????

actually, grandma would probably love that....unfortunately, she's has a bum hip.
  • LorinaLynn
    LorinaLynn Posts: 13,247 Member
    Options
    By the time I'm old enough for a nursing home, I've earned the right to stop giving a damn about my mustache.

And even as someone young enough to give a damn about my mustache... It would be a delicate gift. Not something I'd want to open in front of family and say, "Looky what I got!"

Offended? Maybe not. Embarrassed? Yeah.
  • alishacupcake
    alishacupcake Posts: 419 Member
    Options

actually, grandma would probably love that....unfortunately, she's has a bum hip.

LOL