Rebounder/Mini Trampoline

Options
I have read multiple places that a rebounder gives you a great workout, is good for your heart, etc. But, I have never known anyone who actually uses one.

Anyone here have one and use it?? Thoughts?

(And yes, I bought one, but right now its just sitting in my living room staring at me because I am not really sure what the heck to do with it. Well, my cat thinks it is a comfortable napping spot.....)

Replies

• lewcompton
    lewcompton Posts: 881 Member
    Options
    Had one years ago... Ditto to its use... A piece of equipment and no plan or idea what to do with it is kind of like watching a six year old try to work on a car...
  • MinnieInMaine
    MinnieInMaine Posts: 6,400 Member
    Options
    There have got to be Youtube videos or something out there for you to use as a guide! Go google "rebounder workout" and I'm sure tons of ideas will pop up!

Here's a calculator on self.com - not sure how accurate it is but it gives you an idea:

http://www.self.com/calculatorsprograms/calculators/caloriesburned/jumping_trampoline/result?weightPounds=170&duration=30&activity=&met=4.5&submit=

Bottom line is, you're not burning calories sitting in front of the computer watching your cat lay on the darn thing. Get on it, start bouncing up and down and moving your arms around. Trust me, your heart will get pumping!
  • tgmtn22
    Options
    I have had one for years; rarely used for exercise, but I do bounce for 5 minutes everyday to help my lymphatic system drain. One fun thing that I did was use it while playing our Wii. It was great to bounce side to side while playing Wii tennis. That was quite the workout.
  • castell5
    castell5 Posts: 234 Member
    Options
    We have a full size trampoline. Intention when we bought this one (we have had 4) was for me to use it for exercise, to workout... in reality? I don't get up on it much. Our kids are grown, so where is the fun? However we do have young grandchildren who will get our money's worth out of it, so I am glad for that.
    Best piece of workout equipment I ever bought was the Tony Little Gazelle. I have put about 2000 miles on that thing and definately have gotten my money's worth out of it. Love the Gazelle and it works! **Also is inexpensive
  • SameMe_JustLess
    SameMe_JustLess Posts: 245 Member
    Options
    Had one years ago... Ditto to its use... A piece of equipment and no plan or idea what to do with it is kind of like watching a six year old try to work on a car...

Omg! Literal lol!!
  • caitlinfar1
    Options
    I love my rebounder and try to do it every day for 15 minutes. It's great for you in so many ways! I have a Bellicon. I always play music, it makes it a lot more fun.

I start by warming up with the "health bounce" for a couple minutes - that's bouncing gently without letting your feet leave the mat. And then, I do whatever I'm inspired to. I bounce up and down, I jog in place, do jumping jacks, twists, jump in quarter turns around the mat, jump in half turns, and more than I can list here. I think the key is to have fun. Just got done with a workout and am feeling it in my legs!