Do I have to eat all of my daily calories?

Options
Hi! I'm new here and I'm just starting to get the hang of counting calories. I love how easy it is to do with myfitnesspal!
Question though - I've been working out a lot and it is giving me extra calories. Do I have to use all of my calories or is that only a recommended upper limit?

Replies

• mandylwilson
    mandylwilson Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    I know you need to at least eat 1200 calories a day, but I don't think that you need to eat all of the ones you burn. Good luck.
  • thendrick
    thendrick Posts: 102 Member
    Options
    Aha! I should have looked at the other threads before I posted! I see that there are already some threads about this!
    Thanks anyway! :)
  • Fuhgeddaboudit
    Options
    You actually do have to eat the workout calories too... or your body may go into starvation mode and slow down your weight loss
  • kbarn009
    Options
    I was glad to see this. I wondered the same thing! I feel like I am overeating with all of this food! I think it is bc I am so used to eating low cal and low fat! Honestly I wonder if that is why I haven't been able to loose the 8lbs I want. I am 145 and want to be 137 and I don't overeat or anything. I am trying my best to eat them.